DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Free or Inexpensive Mapping Software?

davemgood

Reactions
Not trying to be cheap, but paying big bucks to stitch map pix together is, as a hobbiest, is not something that I want to do. Is there another way less expensive alternative?

Is there another way less expensive alternative?
Try Metashape Standard edition, install and run it on your own computer hardware (PC or MAC cost: $179)
Standard Edition
There is a 30 day evaluation period to get comfortable

Reactions: davemgood
Thanks to the three of you. Once you have the images, do you need to upload them for stitching or can you you do it locally on you own computer? I know it may take a lot of RAM and processing speed, but is this possible locally?

I haven't seen OpenDroneMap or WebODM mentioned yet. I have used it a few times in the past but now have moved on to other software for our local processing of site data. It's been continually updated and is always completely free, as it's open-source, but they do have an installer package available for a small fee which is probably worth while to purchase if you are not familiar with command line inputs, although it's not entirely necessary. Local processing will require a computer that is fairly stout. The installer is $57 (US). Use an app such as Pix4d or DroneDeploy to take your pics.

Reactions: BigAl07
Believe QGIS is free and is a great geospatial tool. I use ESRI Arcmap for my daily line of work in the geospatial community

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karchuandiong