DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Freedom Convoy Canada (mix of mobile pics/vid and drone vid)

life.in.nb

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Hey folks,

Just uploaded a video of the eastern trucks that passed thru on their way to Ottawa for the Canada Freedom Convoy. I spent most of the day making the intro title lol.
unfortunately, I couldn't get a drone vid of the big assembly area of people, due to a military heliport being nearby and it is restricted airspace...so had to resort to a mobile phone.

So it's a mix of mobile phone vids/pics there, and I ended up quickly flying the drone the next exit up and recording a smaller group of people.

I know the vids are not the best for pilot smoothness, but I had a 6-year old that was not listening while I was trying to pilot the drone, so I wasn't fully focused on smoothness...hence my staying pretty far away from people

side note: It was -27C not counting wind chill. I had to warm the batteries up on the car dash before launching.

link:
Freedom Convoy 2022 (Canada) (eastern trucks)

Last edited:
Nicely done Video. Good to see Canadians promoting their freedom. Need more of this in Australia where I am.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Nicely done Video. Good to see Canadians promoting their freedom. Need more of this in Australia where I am.

Thanks, it was a little bit tedious trying to match the color as close as i could to my mobile phone! I'm absolutely horrible at video adjustments. haha.

Speaking of, is there some way to export or import people's stick curves into controllers? i really need to get the controller to be a steady input throughout. As it is, it turns super slow, and then suddenly just hits full turn

Good work on the video. I can't think of anything to say about the purpose of the Convoy that won't violate the rules of this forum. But it's a raw subject for those of us who have lost relatives and friends to this pandemic.

thank you for the video kudos. =)

sorry to hear about the relatives/friends. i've had that as well.

Nice to see the mix of media input, making it easier to put it all together with the drone video, with sympathy to your TC drone regs.
Maybe a child mining assistant would have been handy !

Amazing how you can fly in that sort of temperature, we never get those temps and hard to imagine living day to day with them.

Yes, a touchy thing all this, I can see these videos will be hard to watch for those that have lost close relatives.

Reactions: life.in.nb
Hey folks,

Just uploaded a video of the eastern trucks that passed thru on their way to Ottawa for the Canada Freedom Convoy. I spent most of the day making the intro title lol.
unfortunately, I couldn't get a drone vid of the big assembly area of people, due to a military heliport being nearby and it is restricted airspace...so had to resort to a mobile phone.

So it's a mix of mobile phone vids/pics there, and I ended up quickly flying the drone the next exit up and recording a smaller group of people.

I know the vids are not the best for pilot smoothness, but I had a 6-year old that was not listening while I was trying to pilot the drone, so I wasn't fully focused on smoothness...hence my staying pretty far away from people

side note: It was -27C not counting wind chill. I had to warm the batteries up on the car dash before launching.

link:
Freedom Convoy 2022 (Canada) (eastern trucks)
Don’t agree this video shouldn’t have been permitted in this forum. Promoting anti-vax

Don’t agree this video shouldn’t have been permitted in this forum. Promoting anti-vax

If you have a problem with ANY content on this forum hit the REPORT button and let our Staff Members research it to make a determination.

This video is "Documenting" a significant event happening right now and includes Drone Footage. It's very relevant and let's try to keep it that way.... It is not "Promoting Anti-Vax" in any way. For all we know, the OP could be totally "Pro-Vax" but the video was done in a way as to keep us from knowing that which is exactly how it should be done.

News should just report the NEWS with no opinion attached . . . .

Let's stick to documenting and commenting on the Drone Footage and leave everything else to the imagination.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan