DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

From US to Costa Rica and Canada, traveling with drone??

SCK

Reactions
looks like I may be going to Costa Rica this summer and would like to bring M2Z along. Any tips or experience with flying in Costa Rica? a quick search showed several drone sites that say it is legal with some restrictions (about the same as in US). Will Go4 show me no fly zones in Costa Rica? I plan on bringing the M2Z in my carry-on as I have lost stuff in checked baggage before, so what are the best practices for TSA and entry/exit from Costa Rica (or any other country).

Next fall, I will be going to Canada and would like to carry it there also. I believe the laws in Canada are more restrictive but have not looked into it yet. I will be around Balmoral Manitoba (out in the countryside goose hunting). tips/guidance?

I can give you some advice on the Canada part.

No issues with traveling with. But June 1 the rules change her and it appears that non citizens can’t fly a drone. There is a process that allows you to apply for a SCOC but not sure how that’s going to play out.

My advice is head over to the transport Canada website and watch very close what the rules are. Fines start at 1000

However the rules maybe/might/hopefully change

No issues with traveling with. But June 1 the rules change her and it appears that non citizens can’t fly a drone. There is a process that allows you to apply for a SCOC but not sure how that’s going to play out.

My advice is head over to the transport Canada website and watch very close what the rules are. Fines start at 1000

looks like all filming of the goose hunt will be done at ground level :( I will check back in the fall..... Now to find out about Costa Rica

Attachments

• Pay Up.gif
    Pay Up.gif
    787.6 KB · Views: 12

I’m not sure it’s about money. The registration is 5 bucks for the drone. I don’t know what the SFOC process costs however.

Overall I think this is just a confusing mess waiting to be figured out.

I really hope they let people fly. Even if they have to take the 10 test and 5 bucks to register. Not the end of the world bu my free would have better

I don’t feel it’s right that we get to fly in other countries but they can’t fly here. Very sad.

looks like all filming of the goose hunt will be done at ground level :( I will check back in the fall..... Now to find out about Costa Rica
Be careful about flying the drone and hunting, I would check the regulations very closely. In Ontario where I live it is illegal to hunt 24 hours after any flight, this includes drones.
I would check the transport Canada website after June 1 when the new regs come into effect, my feeling it's not going to be hard for a non-resident to fly in Canada, but who knows governments are harder to understand than women!
Cheers

I’m not sure it’s about money. The registration is 5 bucks for the drone. I don’t know what the SFOC process costs however.

Overall I think this is just a confusing mess waiting to be figured out.

I really hope they let people fly. Even if they have to take the 10 test and 5 bucks to register. Not the end of the world bu my free would have better

I don’t feel it’s right that we get to fly in other countries but they can’t fly here. Very sad.
A non-resident can't take the test. Sorry.

Thats interesting. It sounds like they want to prevent a hunter from flying out over an area to inspect for wildlife and give the hunter an unfair advantage.

Thats interesting. It sounds like they want to prevent a hunter from flying out over an area to inspect for wildlife and give the hunter an unfair advantage.
That's exactly how it works, I use my drone before big game(moose & deer) season opens to scout areas where my buddy and I are wanting to hunt. Once the season opens my drone stays grounded except at the cabin.
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78