DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front arm LEDs now green?

SpaceWarMachine

Reactions
Just updated to most recent firmware. Front LEDs are now both solid green. I could have sworn these were red.

I just purchased the M2Z and have one flight so far, so I’m not exactly familiar. The backs flash green during normal flight.

Reactions: AMann
80C45143-AD02-4586-821E-61FEC33642A4.jpeg
Solid red is a critical error, you don’t want that.

But you are right, others are posting on the tube about it also. I wish they’d program it so the port side lights were red, the starboard lights were green, and the two rears also flashed, but I guess that would make too much sense. At least green is easier to see at a distance over red.

Last edited:
Just updated to most recent firmware. Front LEDs are now both solid green. I could have sworn these were red.

I just purchased the M2Z and have one flight so far, so I’m not exactly familiar. The backs flash green during normal flight.
Well that’s really dumb because you can better see the orientation of the bird when the front and back are different colors. I wonder if they changing colors when turning like a helicopter?

This always happens when you update firmware it’s normal !
When you finished the update You have to turn the Mavic off than back on again and they should go back to red.

Well that’s really dumb because you can better see the orientation of the bird when the front and back are different colors. I wonder if they changing colors when turning like a helicopter?

Not really dumb to those of us who are pilots and are use to seeing and knowing the direction an aircraft is moving dependent on the color and position of the lights. What's really dumb is that DJI did not follow normal aircraft protocol that has been used world wide forever!

This always happens when you update firmware it’s normal !
When you finished the update You have to turn the Mavic off than back on again and they should go back to red.

Correct. This is exactly what happened. Really bugs me that DJI doesn’t follow the same scheme that all other aircraft do. The fact that the fronts change colors means it could be fixed with an update.

Not really dumb to those of us who are pilots and are use to seeing and knowing the direction an aircraft is moving dependent on the color and position of the lights. What's really dumb is that DJI did not follow normal aircraft protocol that has been used world wide forever!
I don’t think it takes a pilot to tell which direction it is moving when it’s moving but what about when it’s hovering? How will you know which way it’s facing if you lose track? At night you won’t see the drone you’ll only see that lights. It would be great if it confirmed to international standards but it seems we’ve gone back a step in the wrong direction.

Reactions: Thomas B
I guess we could cover the port side greens with red LED’s.
Exactly!
My ARC2s in front are on the landing gear mounts from our own @Aerial-Pixel and obscure the DJI front lights. They are red and green in standard aircraft fashion and of course are WAY brighter. There is a white ARC2 on each of the rear arms facing rear and with them strobing I can’t even see the DJI lights once airborn.

Seems like it's a bit too late to change the way the colours work. Not everyone flies planes. Some people can't even tell the difference between port and starboard like their left and right. For some, when taking photos of themselves, seeing one green and one red when the camera is facing them might seem odd. I am already used to see the 2 front red LEDs to know it's flying towards me.

Reactions: brett8883
View attachment 76108
Solid red is a critical error, you don’t want that.

But you are right, others are posting on the tube about it also. I wish they’d program it so the port side lights were red, the starboard lights were green, and the two rears also flashed, but I guess that would make too much sense. At least green is easier to see at a distance over red.

The chart you listed is for the REAR led's , not the front.

Yes I have to agree the lights should be Red for port, Green for starboard.

Reactions: TR Ganey

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe