DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Front light not working.

Dronut

Reactions
Hi all. I've been trying to get the front light on my Mini2 to turn on. I turned it off when the drone was new and I've never used it at all but now I would like to.

The light works while charging a battery in the drone (breathing white light while charging, solid white light when charged) and it works when using wifi (blue light).

But when go into the app (tried a few different versions but makes no difference) I can select what mode I want the light to be in and what color I want the light to be, but the light doesn't come on.

The drone is on version 01.03.0000 of the firmware.

If you're using the same firmware, could you let me know if your light works or not?

And also if if your light is working and you're using a different firmware version, what firmware version are you using?

Try updating the Dji Fly app.
I stopped at the firmware version
v01.03.0000 / Released June 16th 2021 and Dji Fly 1.5.10 app and it works for me. On Android 10 device.

Reactions: Dronut
I set the light up to work in a few different DJIFly app versions but none of them worked.

I just tried Litchi by setting the Fn button to turn the light on with a double-click and it works!

All good now. I just don't know why the DJIFly app is refusing to cooperate.

Edit - I can set the color and mode in DJIFly and that's what will work with Litchi, but not with DJIFly. Unfortunately, Litchi has no built-in function to change colors or modes, but I'm happy to just have access to the light. :)

Last edited:
Do this test out of curiosity.
Try uninstalling the app, then reinstalling 1.4.8 (1185)
link below.
DJI FLY APP - Google Drive

it is a bit old version, but I flew a lot with 1.4.8 without problems.

Perform a clean install, first delete the app and manually delete any leftover folders or files. after restart your phone and install the original APK of the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great minds... That was the version I was using when I switched over to Litchi to see if I could use that to operate the light. I keep a copy of the apk of that version on my phone because that was the first one I used that didn't give me any problems. But it still wouldn't turn the light on. I did a clean install of about eight different versions of the DJIFly app, but no luck. Thanks for your help.

I don't know what to tell you anymore ... the last attempt is to try another smartphone and see what happens.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet