DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frozen iPad

Rchawks

Reactions
Not exactly frozen, But I need some input about what's I've done. Left it in the car overnight and found it in the car a few mins ago. Temps were in the negs all night and until now. It was in the backseat under a carport. So I brought it in and set it in the outer wash room which is much colder than the rest of the house to gradually warm up before bringing it in. I thought I'd wait a couple of hrs first and maybe not try to turn it on until tomorrow Has anyone of you done this before and what advice would you give..

Last edited:
Never had but do as your doing warm it up slowly to keep
any moisture from accumulating inside.

I am not sure how accurate my thinking but wouldn't the air outside possibly be drier than the air indooors?
If so, what about, outside, sealing the Ipad in a ziplock bag with as little outside air as possible in the bag and then bringing the bag and Ipad indoors.
That way the Ipad might be in dry? but warming air and any condensation that forms will be on the outside of the bag.

Reactions: Rchawks
Yes, just the iPad. We were at a friends house last night and the iPad was left in the car by accident. It's a iPad mini I use to fly with although the weathers been so cold I haven't flown in weeks. I'll play it safe and not use it for several days to make sure there isn't any moisture left. Thank you all for the comments.

Yes, just the iPad. We were at a friends house last night and the iPad was left in the car by accident. It's a iPad mini I use to fly with although the weathers been so cold I haven't flown in weeks. I'll play it safe and not use it for several days to make sure there isn't any moisture left. Thank you all for the comments.
Good move but give an update of the outcome so others will find out what happened and will know what to do.

Reactions: Rchawks and MA2 317
Update: Everything seems to be just fine with the iPad. Waited 6 days before turning in on and of course the battery was dead. I've charged twice now but not flown with it yet. Should be in the 60's this weekend so I'll see how it does.

Update: Everything seems to be just fine with the iPad.

Good to hear.

Your story reminded me when I went snowmobiling and left my GPS unit outside overnight.

The liquid part of the LCD screen froze and I had to warm up the unit for it to work again.

Live and learn. :)

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu