DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustrated and Quit before I even started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc12

Reactions
I’m a ppl pilot. But, I wanted to expand to explore this hobby. I love the RC world, mostly planes etc. I’m used to the RC fields.

Today, I purchased a Mavic air 2. Then the FFA regulations made it a hassle to drive 40 miles to a literal garbage dump site just to fly in my area. It does smell. You cannot fly even there without reporting in so big brother can see you and regulate you to death.

Short story, I returned it and got my money back.
I’m was a hobbyist and the FFA destroyed any opportunity to expand entertainment. I believe in regulation and as a ppl, I’m restricted to death for safety. Why even buy a drone anymore It’s not worth $1,115.00 for this much pain for entertainment.

Reactions: Skyfli
Welcome to the forum.
Not going to disagree about regulations as they are there
for a reason . And as I posted in another post not sure how
you returned something that hasn’t been released yet.
You have posted this exact same post all over which I
have deleted and please no need in doing that.

I was going to ask how the heck he received a MA2 already!!! I call bs

he probably means he ordered one then decided to cancel the order for some reason ,then come on the forum and have a little rant,because he is bored,not really the sort of post to inspire others to purchase a drone,but hey each to their own

Wait, what? So, you got a drone that isn’t out yet BEFORE you checked on if you could fly it anywhere locally (which, according to @sar104 you can - and he knows his stuff). Then, you returned the drone that still isn’t in stores?

is it me?

Reactions: Royster72
Lol, not expecting to hear a response from the guy with the magic MA. It is so disappointing to see trolls disrupt a forum that is so sincere and helpful.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Welcome from Sunny Florida ?

I’m a ppl pilot. But, I wanted to expand to explore this hobby. I love the RC world, mostly planes etc. I’m used to the RC fields.

Today, I purchased a Mavic air 2. Then the FFA regulations made it a hassle to drive 40 miles to a literal garbage dump site just to fly in my area. It does smell. You cannot fly even there without reporting in so big brother can see you and regulate you to death.

Short story, I returned it and got my money back.
I’m was a hobbyist and the FFA destroyed any opportunity to expand entertainment. I believe in regulation and as a ppl, I’m restricted to death for safety. Why even buy a drone anymore It’s not worth $1,115.00 for this much pain for entertainment.

Kind of how I have felt too as an old school rc pilot. Luckily I can fly around my area though.

How do you know when there is a pilot in a room?
He will tell you. Lol.
As a retiree from the FAA, this is a very true statement! ? ? ?

Pretty confident this isn’t going anywhere so no need
in this thread holding anyone back from finding someone
who needs help in here so just going to kill this one and
wait for another. ?

CLOSED​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads