DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Frustrating. Fire restriction, No fly zone, still

Fly safe shows several TFRs in the Washington, UT area. Either FAA hasn't cancelled them, or DJI hasn't caught up with the early cancellation.

Blue means DJI designates it as an authorization zone. Those generally appear for area near busy airports, runway approach for even less busy airports, or TFRs. Note that LAANC doesn't generally account for TFRs/NOTAMs.

PS: you can unlock blue authorization zones, either in the field real time by attempting to launch using CSC, or ahead of time by getting unlock code from flysafe.dji.com from a desktop. You want to use the flight controller serial number, not the RC serial number.

No visible TFR in that area by looking at the FAA site. Map looks to be up to date.

No visible TFR in that area by looking at the FAA site. Map looks to be up to date.

Are you looking at the DJI Fly Safe online maps? If those are clear I would say OP needs to update his NFZ/GEO maps...if possible and not done yet...that or DJI is a bit behind the power curve. But I just had El' Presidente in my area and that TFR worked and was gone in about 1/2 hour when he left, so from my use, they tend to be pretty up to date as long as you let them load. :)

Are you looking at the DJI Fly Safe online maps? If those are clear I would say OP needs to update his NFZ/GEO maps...if possible and not done yet...that or DJI is a bit behind the power curve. But I just had El' Presidente in my area and that TFR worked and was gone in about 1/2 hour when he left, so from my use, they tend to be pretty up to date as long as you let them load. :)
Would the maps update on their own when it all launches and is connected to my wifi?

Dang, the whole bottom corner of my state is blue circles! There isn't a fire close to me any more. Some of these expire Oct 8th!

Are you looking at the DJI Fly Safe online maps?
No, FAA map.
DJI is a bit behind when it comes to actual TFR’s based on my past experience. I’ve had to contact them twice in the last few years to get them to understand the word “current”.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Reactions: pelagic_one
That has worked for me in the past. Once DJI knows the issue, they correct pretty fast.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661