DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fstop Labs Mavic 2 charger

I preordered and it shipped yesterday.

Reactions: Turn11
It would be nice if FStop Labs would contract to have a charger built that would stop automatically at a "storage" level charge.

Even though the batteries have a self discharge, there is no reason to fully charge them and then wait 10 days for the self discharge to kick in and then take several days to get to the correct storage state.

Many less expensive RC lipo chargers have this feature, so it is technically feasible and not expensive.

FStops - any reason you can't get one made and made available?

That would a a great idea, something that discharges to 50%, or 0% for a "deep cycle".

The primary objective is to only charge to about 15.2v to begin with. Charging fully and then slowly discharging is harder on the battery and very slow.

But having a discharge function included would be icing on the cake.

It would be nice if FStop Labs would contract to have a charger built that would stop automatically at a "storage" level charge.

Even though the batteries have a self discharge, there is no reason to fully charge them and then wait 10 days for the self discharge to kick in and then take several days to get to the correct storage state.

Many less expensive RC lipo chargers have this feature, so it is technically feasible and not expensive.

FStops - any reason you can't get one made and made available?

I use an appliance timer to do partial charges on all my expensive lithium batteries. No need to be exact. For storage I shoot for 50% ish.

How does that work with a charging hub and three or four batteries at different levels?

It doesn't, but since I'm storing the batteries there is no hurry. I would only bother to partially charge a drone battery if it was particularly low anyway. Otherwise everything just gets fully charged before use.

I use a simple 30 minute timer designed for curling iron safety. Most of my charger types have 1 - 1/12 hour full charge timing.

I also use this timer to charge my expensive EGO Power plus lawn equipment batteries to less than 100%. I run these batteries roughly 20%-80%.

It doesn't, but since I'm storing the batteries there is no hurry. I would only bother to partially charge a drone battery if it was particularly low anyway. Otherwise everything just gets fully charged before use.

I use a simple 30 minute timer designed for curling iron safety. Most of my charger types have 1 - 1/12 hour full charge timing.

I also use this timer to charge my expensive EGO Power plus lawn equipment batteries to less than 100%. I run these batteries roughly 20%-80%.

It seems you have found a work around that satisfies you. I would prefer a charger that does it all automatically. I have one for other lipos that handles four just fine so I am sure that it is feasible and would probably be something many would purchase.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad