DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

full sd card

He said he doesn't have a computer, so likely hasn't copied the footage he took so far and I doubt he'd like to wipe his entire vacation footage..

But you can also delete individual clips, I've done it in flight myself. You need to go in the camera's "play" menu, not in the app's editor.

Yes, using the "Play" button on the lower right will give you the option to delete SD files.

Lithium-based batteries do not have a "memory effect" like older chemistries. See other threads about battery details, but in short:
  • 100% full is 4.2V per cell, 0% dead is 3.0V per cell
  • don't run them too low, like below 3.4V per cell , or it will never recharge
    • (the Mavic flight battery circuits protect against this but not sure about the controller)
  • any time a cell goes above 4.3V it is at risk of a self-combustion chemical fire reaction
    • (the Mavic flight battery and controller circuits both protect against this)
  • mild warmth and/or slight puffing of the soft pouches after heavy use is normal
    • (you don't really get to see this with the DJI battery cartridge designs)
  • don't use a battery with visible signs of damage, such as non-trivial denting, rips, cracks or significant puffing
  • don't leave them 100% full when moving in and out of hot environments or cold environments
    • (the voltage will fluctuate with temperature and adds to the fire risk)
  • don't leave them 100% full (4.2V per cell) if you don't plan to use them, adds fire risk
    • (the Mavic flight battery circuits will self-drain to a medium load after a few days)
  • no matter how well you treat them, lithium chemistry degrades over time and will lose its ability to charge after about 3-5 years
It's probably the last point there that gives people the impression they should discharge every so often. Storage or transport is best at 50%-80% capacity. New products are usually half-charged for this reason.

All good information but DJI does suggest discharging the smart batteries every so often to allow the smart circuit to re-calibrate what is the useable power charge available otherwise over time the amount of charge shown on screen may not be accurate . I also have several lipos I purchased in 2007 for my 450 helis that I still use today in my foamy planes :)

Reactions: McMavic
They say once every 3 months.

And some of the stuff in that post is wrong since DJI use LiHV batteries that get charged to 4.35V.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine