DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fun or Photography

AlphaMan

Reactions
Do most Drone Drivers buy rigs for Fun or specifically for photography?

Well, for me, both... so hard to say.... but I prefer to fly my rig... and drive my car ;)

Oh, maybe post a poll if you want to see numbers?

• Haha
Reactions: tlswift58
The fun part comes naturally when planning and flying, whether it's to video or photograph, no matter.
I just like controlling the drone and what I take it to see for me.

Pilots usually have a preference for either photos or video, I know I tend to video more.

Sometimes I just put my drones in sports mode and let rip, not often but I do it occasionally.

Both, but I seldom fly without having the camera taking video. Just a habit I got into after forgetting to turn on the record a few times. Very embarrassing when you waste a battery thinking you captured good footage and all you did was make a practice run.

I’m first a photographer. My recent extension is flying surveillance of multiple areas surrounding our community to identify illegal encampments and activities. This has allowed daytime ground enforcement and thus clearing.

Fun and photography go hand in hand with droning. You never know what you may see when flying (even for just fun) as the perspective is far different than standing on the ground.

I consider my flying waterfalls FUN and the photography is beyond anything a person standing on the ground with a camera can ever get. Which I do as well.

For Photography - DJI Photo Drone
For Excitement - FPV Drone
For a LOT of Excitement - R/C airplane or helicopter

Reactions: dronerdave
Photography is fun. I'm not so fond of just boring holes in the sky but you have to do a lot of that to learn how to photograph well. I begin the video at Takeoff and usually set a little course and try to fly that smoothly. I always look at the daily's and generally delete all. I sometimes see a little progress . Ready when you are CB:cool:

I couldn't decide between fun (DJI FPV) or photography (DJI Air 2S) so I ended up getting one of each. I have to say they are both fun but the FPV is more exciting. The Air 2S is pretty laid back by comparison but does a wonderful job at photography. The FPV is pretty decent at photography but the props are in the frame and the single axel gimble means that the image pitches with the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven