DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fun short sci-fi story about a pilot and his AI-powered drone making a movie

Dangerly

Reactions
I would love to have a drone partner like this one day: Sky Dance

For creating cinematic video, I couldn't imagine a more powerful type of tool. I wonder if AI-powered drones will ever be safe and smart enough to do something like this?

• Sad
Reactions: mavic3usa
My thoughts: Not trying to put a damper on an otherwise great story but it's just a fantasy because government rules and regulations would never permit it. The problem is not the technology but who's going to research, test, and develop something that would never be allowed? Even if there are special conditions and exemptions and similar to allow it were permitted, all you have to do is look to the current conditions on similar drone endeavors to realize that isn't enough to make it happen unless you are the military. No company will every spent the capital, the money, and the brainpower only to have to deal with decades of barriers, rule changes, and red tape to success. The focus and the time and energy to make this a success won't get the boost that it needs and drone will be left in the dust when it comes to AI. We'll have AI but it won't be real AI, it will be marketing AI b.s. I'm afraid anyone who is alive today will *never* see this happen in their lifetime which is sad. Not solely blaming governments but also the public.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne