DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Future firmware

@Capitano696969 ,not necessarily ,DJI will give firmware updates from time to time ,as and when they are needed

Or……. Just leave it alone and skip the update?
Probably flys perfectly well with whatever firmware it’s on.
Updates are NOT mandatory.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Key word. It would be interesting to see a percentage of those with the golden ticket and those that just want to have fun.
The next question that comes to mind is how many times I’ve seen an FAA guy in my neighborhood looking for the firmware version on one of the twenty plus fly toys I have that all sport the same registration number.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Key word. It would be interesting to see a percentage of those with the golden ticket and those that just want to have fun.
The next question that comes to mind is how many times I’ve seen an FAA guy in my neighborhood looking for the firmware version on one of the twenty plus fly toys I have that all sport the same registration number.
We can send him over if you'd like... 😁

I will confidently guarantee you that there's never been an FAA rep in your neighborhood checking firmware versions.

But that's not at all relevant. Firmware revisions are product improvements. No product as complex as a flying camera is ever perfect on the first iteration. The Mavic 3 is a good example. Anyone sticking with the first versions of the firmware is flying a seriously compromised drone. Not all firmware updates are as significant, but it's not accurate to say that they're all insignificant.

Skip 'em if you fear 'em. I trust DJI to design and manufacture a good product, and I trust them to update it.

Reactions: PAW and Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro