DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FW Update .800 Things to know from testing

OMG why is this so painful? Do the firmware upgrade follow the instructions login to the site again except the confirmations and you will be good to go. There is no big giant mystery here they want you to log into your account again to confirm that you accept the terms of the new firmware upgrade which includes this no fly zone stuff

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
You're still not understanding what I'm trying to say so let's explain in segments. Your app is considered logged in when you initially typed in your username and password when the app was setup. Signing on requires an internet connection. Once signed on, the app can function without an Internet connection since it already validated your user information as valid, so in short you can fly without internet and you can continue flying even if you shut the app down or it crashes mid-flight. There is nothing in this update to really worry about. Your drone will not be lost on an app crash. If your app doesn't show your user account in the Me section, then find a hotspot and login. That's all you need to do.
I am amazed at the patience that you have shown in this scenario because this has been absolutely incredible that people are not following this because it's pretty much the same as the previous firmwares you need to confirm and accept the terms

I am amazed at the patience that you have shown in this scenario because this has been absolutely incredible that people are not following this because it's pretty much the same as the previous firmwares you need to confirm and accept the terms

As a scientist and engineer I prefer precise explanations of what is meant by some word or other. Common usage for Logged In is that in some way or other two computational devices are transmitting data on a line of some sort or other. And now in some clarifications it turns out just like I said. There are persistent pieces of data on the device you use to fly. You are not "logged in". So when logged in the device on the other end modified some file or other to include additional data beyond just that which is the executable of the application. Just like cookies in your browse.

I spend time in areas without connectivity on purpose because I do not care for highly populated areas. I was trying to get a definitive answer on when and how often one might need to get that bit of data planted on the operating device refreshed.

In any case it is moot for me since I will not be updating. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Would handshake between App RV and MP be better understood?
I for the life of my 65 yrs on this earth cannot understand why there is much much angst being generated over this.
Don't upgrade and refuse every notification that pops up or upgrade and get on with it.
I have upgraded.

Okay I can see the trend here about firmware upgrades and how DJI has been luring Us in to agree to their ******** and I understand it is confusing and some people are adding confusion to the mix but basically it seems that if you accept this firmware upgrade you do need to log into DJI two totally confirm the upgrade from that point it does not seem like you need to have a permanent connection.

So on that note I want to add another interesting part to this because when I did the firmware upgrade and agreed to DJI vs another window popped up with a confirmation from Air Maps which I was kind of shocked because it did a whole confirmation thing where I had to add my phone number Intuit

Just updated everything including 4 batteries.
Not yet taken for a flight due to weather bad.
My settings needed to be redone.
Bench testing everything appears to work, keep getting a prompt to update NFZ data base will do that.
Took 25 minutes to upgrade RC and Mavic plus batteries.
Just did it all through Go 4 app and Wi Fi .
I have never had to use the DJI assistant .
So far have not had to sign in again as everything stays signed in.

Might seem like an odd question, On the battery upgrade, did you simply load 1 in, boot up, upgrade and then turn off, remove and add next battery and repeat? I have 4 batteries as well.

Thanks

Yes, I closed everything including the App and RC replaced battery then rebooted everything.
I have 4 batteries as well, only one showed a mismatch warning but after a few seconds of flashing lights all was well.

Reactions: Nikon1 and JP
Also interested in the gimbal tilt issue when flying. Getting the tilt only while flying. This might fix it. Anyone know for sure if it does fix the issue?

Just updated everything

DJI Go to 4.1.0

RC and AC to .800

All smooth sailing.. No hitch, no hiccups..

Settings all got resetted, but thats nothing new to me.. My settings always gets resetted for every new FW I updated..
and someone was right (forgot who), the digital zoom wont work in .800
Other than that, everything seems ok so far (touch wood touch wood)

Maybe will test flight tonight.. will post what I think soon.

Reactions: sesd97
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming