DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G.O.D. Syndrome

Murph66

Reactions
OK G.O.D. syndrome is described in the dictionary as Gear Obsession Disorder, mostly effecting folks with an Amazon account who spend lots of money on stuff for their hobby, I was diagnosed just last week with this terrible condition that has no known cure but is not terminal. I rang the Samaritans hot line and they hung up on me !! Does anyone else suffer from this awful affliction ?? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

My last victim

Lens Hood Anti-Scratch Dustproof Gimbal Camera Protective Cover and Sun Visor​

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: jordanka16
I have lost count of my drones. Most hang on the wall waiting for their time in the Sky along with all the Planes that don't fly to much sadly- because of My drone addiction.
I have gone from a mavic 1 to 3 mavic 1's one of witch is platinum, an Air 2S, an old DJI hexecopter, I now enjoy building small freestyle type Drones ( My grinderino is looking almost ready to fly!) I also own Other Drones from Makers such as- IFlight, EMAX, Mobius, Diatone...etc... Somewhere there is that ONE Drone that will satisfy your every need I will just keep adding more to my fleet until I find that ONE lol
Next up I am hoping for the FPV 2 to hurry to the stores.

Last edited:
OK G.O.D. syndrome is described in the dictionary as Gear Obsession Disorder, mostly effecting folks with an Amazon account who spend lots of money on stuff for their hobby, I was diagnosed just last week with this terrible condition that has no known cure but is not terminal. I rang the Samaritans hot line and they hung up on me !! Does anyone else suffer from this awful affliction ?? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Otherwise known as Gear Acquisition Syndrome. (G.A.S.), from which I have had a partial recovery.
Dale
Miami

Reactions: Gagipeca
its great being on this forum ,when you find out how many other people are suffering with you ,beware its very addictive and much more prevalent than others let on

Preaching to the choir.... tactical chest pack... drop-leg pouch... armoured microSD card case a Humvee could drive over... 10,000mA power packs... extra batteries (4 per drone)... lens hoods... ND filters... ND/PL filters... anti-glare screen hood... 10.5" HD tablet... PGYTECH tablet support... Yagi/Uda RF antenna slip-ons (one pair for 2.4gh: another for 5.8gh)... strobes... prop guards and landing strobes (the ONLY two genuinely useful 'accessories' I've forked out for!)
But with self-counselling and willpower: I am getting better. I now spend more time flying my drones instead of setting them up. Amazon is a bit worse off, but I'm sure it'll survive.

She found out…now I’m in the G.O.D. Rehab Facility on the mend. By the way, is there someone out there that could order up a new Avata 2 for me? 😵‍💫

🇨🇦👍

View attachment 174331
(View the attachment). Are these the guys that were hand catching drones while on a moving boat or did their wives just not approve of the hobby/addiction? lol 😁🙀
Good one YVRGUY.

(View the attachment). Are these the guys that were hand catching drones while on a moving boat or did their wives just not approve of the hobby/addiction? lol 😁🙀
Good one YVRGUY.
These guys think drones are bad. They need to try a PCP!!!

Not a lot to add except that I thought, ah! nobody’s still got their Parrot AR2 until I got down to Gagipeca. A fine old lady (not Gagipeca) but lethal in the wrong hands. And my hands were not good hands back in 2013 (was it)-came very close to decapitating my Godson as I showed it off and attempted a flip (why would you provide a flip option). Anyway he’s now a strapping 16 year old and flattens me in an arm wrestle after 2 seconds. Great thread.

I just started with the drones, I have it bad with Cameras (often called GAS, Gear Acquisition Syndrome, in that hobby).

But I've gotten two and I've just started, I'm really looking into FPV as a possibility, maybe an Avata 2 to try that out. I believe I could use the goggles with my Air 3 as well so that is a benefit there.

BREAKING NEWS.............A new strain of G.O.D. has been found in the small Irish village of Ballyfeckin in Co. Donegal. The infection is thought to have originated when a barrel of Guinness accidentally leaked into a local pubs water supply. Leading Irish virologist Dr Patrick O' Roden has urged the local drone community to practice social distancing, resume wearing masks and take immediate action to contain the outbreak. The neighbouring village of Dunlaughin has been closed to traffic in an effort to contain the spread. The new strain has been named "DJIN2.7" and is thought to be far more contagious than the original. The production of local illegal whiskey and cheap tobacco trading is thought to be carrying on as normal.
The Irish Red Cross have so far managed to ship 4000 packs of Tayto cheese and onion crisps and a large quantity of Soda Bread and cake to the devastated area to help the stricken few.

HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are starting an appeal is to raise cash, clothing and Amazon parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in the outbreak,
€10 can take a family to the beach for the day, where children can play with the stray cats among the national collection of broken fishing nets.
22cent buys a biro for filling in a dodgy compensation claim.

PLEASE ACT NOW
Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!

Last edited:
@Murph66 ah laughter the best medicine against this terrible affliction ,love your post#17above, gave me a good chuckle to start my day

Reactions: Dbez1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99