DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G.O.D. Syndrome

PLEASE ACT NOW
Simply email us by return with your credit card details and we'll do the rest!

bennigans-mobile-logo2x.png.webp

I've done my part and sent a Benigan's gift card.

šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: Murph66 and Cafguy
I was gonna send a box of Guinness but I got all thirsty trying to get it boxed for shipping SORRY but I did sing a round of Drone limericks. Hope I can Fly tomorrow with a hangover and I wonder what I will find added to my various vendors carts :eek: Darn devil's liquid!!

I was gonna send a box of Guinness but I got all thirsty trying to get it boxed for shipping SORRY but I did sing a round of Drone limericks.

There once was a drone named buzzy,
Timid, he doesn't fly too far, does he,
He follows every rule,
He learned in drone school,
But his eyesight, darn it, is getting fuzzy šŸ˜

There once was a Drone called O'Dyer
Who rose up higher and higher
Till it reached such a height
It went clear out of sight
And fell down with a smash and caught fire

Last edited:
i mostly fly my drones here in Wales
but lately there have been lots of gales
so i sit in my room
my face full of gloom
and hope that calm weather soon prevailes

Ahhh S**te, the ailment has struck yet again, trying this, link under this line

Coming on Friday, I'll update then , only ā‚¬15 !

Charger.jpg

Ahhh S**te, the ailment has struck yet again, trying this, link under this line

Coming on Friday, I'll update then , only ā‚¬15 !

View attachment 174396

So sorry to say you should cancel the order... Power Delivery is necessarily 1:1 as a specific voltage is negotiated from the source.

At best this will get you 5V with max 3A from the PD power supply, splitting to 5W each assuming each device will try and pull at least 1A.

Multiple devices will charge veeeerrrrrry slowly.

There's no way around it: You want parallel PD charging, you have to get a multiport PD charger. And, take care that it has sufficient overall capacity to provide full power in total to meet the requirements of the devices in aggregate, and the individual ports can provide the demanded power in parallel use.

PD has taken charging and power supply to a whole new level, a huge leap forward in capability and flexibility. Which necessarily makes it more complicated.

When evaluating a multiport PD charger, look for specs like this to sort out what I'm talking about (WOTOBEUS 240W 5-Ports USB C Charger, Amazon):

1000017599.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy
So sorry to say you should cancel the order... Power Delivery is necessarily 1:1 as a specific voltage is negotiated from the source.

At best this will get you 5V with max 3A from the PD power supply, splitting to 5W each assuming each device will try and pull at least 1A.

Multiple devices will charge veeeerrrrrry slowly.

There's no way around it: You want parallel PD charging, you have to get a multiport PD charger. And, take care that it has sufficient overall capacity to provide full power in total to meet the requirements of the devices in aggregate, and the individual ports can provide the demanded power in parallel use.

PD has taken charging and power supply to a whole new level, a huge leap forward in capability and flexibility. Which necessarily makes it more complicated.

When evaluating a multiport PD charger, look for specs like this to sort out what I'm talking about (WOTOBEUS 240W 5-Ports USB C Charger, Amazon):

View attachment 174400
Ahh right so, thanks for the info, I've learnt such a lot from you good folk on here already i'll look into it,

@Droning on and on... I've never been any good with all the jargon that comes with electricity with amps, watts, voltage etc etc, I'm about as useless as an ashtray on a motor bike, How's this one lookin',
let me know please

@Droning on and on... I've never been any good with all the jargon that comes with electricity with amps, watts, voltage etc etc, I'm about as useless as an ashtray on a motor bike, How's this one lookin',
let me know please

It seems a little dodgy to me, can't find anything specifying the output on the ports in multiple combinations, nor any spec for PD voltages. There are some stupid mistakes on the page as well, like calling out 65V, which is not possible (undoubtedly meant 65W).

I wouldn't get it. There are others in the same price range (that are specifically listed as PD chargers on the Amazon UK site), look for explicit callout of 5, 9, 12, (15), 20 volts output in the specs.

The issue is, to get a PD supply that will output high power on multiple ports simultaneously, your gonna have to look in the price range Ā£60 and up. 65W+ on 2 or 3 ports at the same time, regardless what the combined capacity of the charger is will not be found at Ā£30 except for some sale or big discount.

Reactions: Murph66
OK G.O.D. syndrome is described in the dictionary as Gear Obsession Disorder, mostly effecting folks with an Amazon account who spend lots of money on stuff for their hobby, I was diagnosed just last week with this terrible condition that has no known cure but is not terminal. I rang the Samaritans hot line and they hung up on me !! Does anyone else suffer from this awful affliction ?? šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£ šŸ¤£
Haha - yes! Only since I'm also a photographer and an audiophile that have only recently started with drones - I've spent an ungodly amount of money on DJI products which has only added to the holes in my pockets.
In my hobby fields we call it GAS. Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Every time a new item crosses the threshold here, it's called an Upgrade!

@Droning on and on... Sorry to be a pain in the a**e but you know what you're talking about, how's this one lookin' ?? Thanks for yer patience

Nope again, max power is 18w, gonna be very slow.

We've gotten you up to Ā£39, if you can squeeze out Ā£5 more here's one I would recommend for Ā£44 from the Amazon UK site. It will charge two devices at 100W each, or 3 @ 100/65/30 watts. This will meet your needs for some time. 200W USB C Fast GaN Charger, 4 in 1 Type-C:

51iRzis9KPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Nope again, max power is 18w, gonna be very slow.

We've gotten you up to Ā£39, if you can squeeze out Ā£5 more here's one I would recommend for Ā£44 from the Amazon UK site. It will charge two devices at 100W each, or 3 @ 100/65/30 watts. This will meet your needs for some time. 200W USB C Fast GaN Charger, 4 in 1 Type-C:

51iRzis9KPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
OK that'll be the one then , thanks for the help "Sparky" lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J