DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

G.O.D. Syndrome

Haha - yes! Only since I'm also a photographer and an audiophile that have only recently started with drones - I've spent an ungodly amount of money on DJI products which has only added to the holes in my pockets.
In my hobby fields we call it GAS. Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
Every time a new item crosses the threshold here, it's called an Upgrade!

@WanderLost You are definitely showing signs of the infection, GAS is another strain with similar symptoms, along with FART , Frequent Amazon Retail Therapy 🤣 🤣 🤣
FART - haha I like that one. We definitely resemble that one at our house!

Lol great thread! I'm afflicted as well. I've owned a total of 6 DJI drones as well as a couple no name babies. A P2V+ (still have it) 2 P3P's (ver 1 and 2, both sold) and my current fleet in my signature. Considering my wife has about $20K in her craft room I pretty much get free reign with my affliction 🤣🤣

@Murph66 after reading your post #42 above i now know why i am called an old FART ;);););)

• Wow
Reactions: Murph66 and 3rdof5
Good Morning and welcome to Sky Ireland, first up, a quick update on last weeks Ballyfeckin village's sudden outbreak of G.O.D, so now we'll go over to our local Donegal correspondent in a full hazmat suit with breathing apparatus, Paddy O'Propstrap,
"Paddy, can ye tell us what's been happening over the last few days?"
"Well , the situation is getting worse here I'm afraid as a local one legged man Declan Mc Dronie while leaving "The Gobshyte" pub at the weekend fell over as he stood up to leave, he fell flat on his face. he tried to stand one more time, but to no avail, again, he fell to the ground. he figured he'd crawl outside to get some fresh air as maybe that would sober him up and once outside, he stood again up and, sure enough, he fell to his hands and knees. so he decided to crawl home.
When he arrived at the door, He crawled through the door into his bedroom. when he reached his bed, he tried one more time to stand up. he managed to pull himself upright but he quickly fell right into bed. he was sound asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.
He woke the next morning to his wife standing over him, shouting,
"So, you've been out drinking again!"
"Why do you say that?" he asked her innocently.
She replied "Mick from the pub called. You left your wheelchair in there again and your prosthetic leg was found leaning up the fireplace."
Mr Mc Dronie is now in recovery after DJI representatives on hearing the news were dropped into the village by parachute bringing him gift cards and freebies from their range of products.
Amazon has targeted the village as a no delivery zone for the foreseeable future leaving Drone enthusiasts on stronger medication handed out by The Irish Red Cross in the temporary shelter erected on the Rugby pitch. where crusty bread, Irish Stew and Whiskey rations are also being handed out by volunteers, fund raising events are being held within the surrounding communities including a fly past of close formation drones by pilots from the neighbouring hamlet of Feckineejit and a sponsored swearing contest for the 5-10 year old age group at Our Lady Of The Eternal Bosom High School in Druids Bottom, And now it's back to Murph McNavlight in the studio."

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J