DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy S24 ultra has peak brightness of 2600 nits - great daylight drone controller TBD

Xitor

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Really loved flying the Air2S with my Galaxy 22 Ultra and 1633 max nit brightness. The Galaxy 23 bumped up to 1750 (no reason to upgrade for me), but the Galaxy 24 coming out at the end of the month is listed at 2600 nits. Remains to be seen how long it would last at max brightness in the sun without overheating, but definitely interested to check this out. By comparison I see online the Iphone 15 Pro Max is 2000 nits max.

Again will be interesting to see how long they will hold that brightness in the summer without overheating. Looking at the Tripltek tablet which many have touted as the brightest screen I see they are up to 1300 nits sustained - claiming our cellphone will not be able to hold sustained brightness. Should be interesting to see real world results, if 2600 nits can't maintain at least 1600 nits sustained, that would be disappointing.

Reactions: BigAl07
Really loved flying the Air2S with my Galaxy 22 Ultra and 1633 max nit brightness. The Galaxy 23 bumped up to 1750 (no reason to upgrade for me), but the Galaxy 24 coming out at the end of the month is listed at 2600 nits. Remains to be seen how long it would last at max brightness in the sun without overheating, but definitely interested to check this out. By comparison I see online the Iphone 15 Pro Max is 2000 nits max.

Again will be interesting to see how long they will hold that brightness in the summer without overheating. Looking at the Tripltek tablet which many have touted as the brightest screen I see they are up to 1300 nits sustained - claiming our cellphone will not be able to hold sustained brightness. Should be interesting to see real world results, if 2600 nits can't maintain at least 1600 nits sustained, that would be disappointing.
Oled and Amoled displays technically cannot sustain brightness over 600 nits for more than a few minutes, because the display burns, not to mention the heat produced to the battery and the internals without thermals designed to support the heat for more than 2-3 minutes.

But but..the price! For now I'll have to be content with a $10 shield on my A53

Oled and Amoled displays technically cannot sustain brightness over 600 nits for more than a few minutes, because the display burns, not to mention the heat produced to the battery and the internals without thermals designed to support the heat for more than 2-3 minutes.
With respect, since that's coming from the competition I'll wait for some user reviews. Last tripltek video I saw that did a comparison against Galaxy Ultra was in a dark room with adaptive brightness on, so very skewed. While I think Triptek is a great tablet, I'll wait for real world comparison to see if my phone alone could be the brightest, without requiring another device.

But but..the price! For now I'll have to be content with a $10 shield on my A53
You're right, wouldn't buy it just for that reason, but if you're getting a new, top gen phone anyway. Besides if you have a good trade in you can get one for only about $400 - if there is really that much of a difference though, jumping from say Galaxy 22 ultra to Galaxy 24.

You're right, wouldn't buy it just for that reason, but if you're getting a new, top gen phone anyway. Besides if you have a good trade in you can get one for only about $400 - if there is really that much of a difference though, jumping from say Galaxy 22 ultra to Galaxy 24.
Sure, you can also get the T Mini , about same size than S24 with still 1300 nits sustained , for $599 ,
a feature not available on the S24 or other phones in the market currently, TRIPLTEK MINI | TRIPLTEK

Last edited:
Reactions: Xitor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne