DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s4 question

mgholson

Reactions
I had a phantom 3se and I remember that the digital video feed would occasionally lag and break up even when the signal is strong. I think I had a galaxy S5 back then. I just bought a Mavic, after spending a year flying betaflight quads I've really missed my phantom. After 3 flights I'm almost certain that my S4 phone just can't handle the software. lag is incredibly bad, screen controls work but there is major lag. I'm basically flying LOS.

Am I on the right track here? I'm not real big on phones, I don't want to spend money on one, but I think I'm going to have to. Any suggestions for smoother experience with Go 4?

Maybe turn of Cache so not downloading video at same time ??

Reactions: mgholson
I have an S4 but havent had it out real far - it’s my backup in case my iPad craps out - seems to work fine up to 1km

When I first got the Mavic a couple years ago, I didn't want to use my current S7 phone (which did work just fine when I tried it), so I pulled out an old S4 and tried that. I had the same lag issues mentioned. I didn't try to make any adjustments to the settings, but turning off caching might have helped as ZX14-R suggested. Instead, I bought an old Huawei phone for $40 from a friend that I now use as a dedicated device and it works great.

I still have my old S4, and it is a DOG, speed-wise by today's standards. We should probably throw them away, or donate to a worthy cause. :) I do use my old S6 which works fantastic on all my drones. I use the S6 as backup, and my iPad for "regular".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manu Gopinath