DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s7 edge

I use my "old" Asus Transformer Pad and be happy to play 4k on it from the SD Card. Take this Apple!

I've been having problems with the DJI Go 4 app where it closes on its own just as others are stating. Contacted DJI about the problem. Their response is 'use an approved device'.
I'm using S7 (which is approved)
They also wanted my crash logs. Well there isn't any. The app closing itself doesn't produce a crash log.
I have been using a resource monitor the last few times and here's what I've noticed.
While flying the RAM is getting used up. Slowly but still getting used. It seems once the RAM hits 90% used is where the app closes. I'm starting to suspect the app is just gobbling the RAM and not cleaning its cache thus using the availability of RAM and Android is just choosing to close DJI.

Anyone else want to test this and let's see if it's a more probable reason for the issues we're having.

RAM is a possibility, but also the usb. FOXFI app stopped working with Verizon Android 7.0 The closed a lot of communication ports. They did this to stop people from getting free hotspots, but it may have had side effects, one being communication with the Mavic. If it is this anyone with Verizon android 7.0 is in trouble.

My S7 stopped working and became very glitchy after the last round of updates that were forced on us. TabS also became very glitchy.
Prior to that update everything worked perfectly.
I now have an expensive replacement Mavic and an expensive damned iPad I didn't particlarly want but had to purchase in order to keep flying.
DJI SUCK with the sh*tty updates.

I use the s7 edge a few days ago i was flying my mavic with my s7 the camera disconnected i tryed it a few times still the same thing so i uninstalled the dji go 4 app then installed it bingo it sorted it out been out today flying without any probs

I've gone as far as factory resetting hoping it would fix the problem. No go. I believe RAM overload.
Supposedly (according to tracking number) I should have the NEW GS8+ by the end of the day. Hopefully earlier than later to log some flight time and give review for that. Hopefully it won't be the same issue. Really don't want ANY APPLE PRODUCTS :mad: just to fly reliably

Update: even on the S8+ the random app closes are happening. This must be a DJI software issue with Android nougat

Update: even on the S8+ the random app closes are happening. This must be a DJI software issue with Android nougat
I would say an issue with the software samsung makes on their phones that have nougat.

Well, did a uninstall and reinstall last night and worked great today. I hated to due it but super happy that I did.

Well, did a uninstall and reinstall last night and worked great today. I hated to do it but super happy that I did.
Good one. You will hopefully have a trouble-free run now.

It is no big deal doing an uninstall of GO. Provided you have backed up you flight logs, there are only a handful of setting you have to put back in. Others are retained on the Mavic/RC and come back automatically.

Having used my S7E with my Mavic for 600+ flights with DJIGO4 and Litchi I know it works just fine for me. Last week I finally upgraded to Nougat from Marshmallow after reading all the horror stories. Since then flown a dozen batteries and 15 flights. Not a single hiccup or app crash. So when people report DJIGO4 crashing with the S7E I wonder which of the following things may be the cause:

- upgraded from Android 6 to 7 with DJIGo4 already installed. (Do a clean install & manually delete DJI folder )
- Not closing down all other apps prior to using DJIGO4
- Not using USB to Launch DJIGo4
- Flying with phone WiFi enabled.

Reactions: RobP62 and Mr Spock
Good points.
After doing mine I would think that it's a update on Android with go4 already installed issue. I always go airplane mode and close all apps. It's part of my check list. I will keep you guys posted. But for now.

Uninstall and reinstall in go4 app.
I never lost a flight with the update. Just some settings that you should be checking preflight anyways.

After updating my S7 to android 7.0, the DJI app crashes every few min. about 5 to 8 min. I read somewhere DJI is saying it's Samsung's issue.
Hmm. If so, why do they list it in their recommended tested list? Seems irresponsible if they list one thing and then say another.

I have only had the Mavic Pro 10 days but my experience with the S7+ edge is pretty tortuous...

It overheats and then hangs a lot. Maybe that doesnt happen with yours - but I live in Thailand, it is the hot season and have my S7 turned up to full brightness. It is not a good idea

Are you closing down all other apps before starting DJIGO4 when you go flying?

Are you closing down all other apps before starting DJIGO4 when you go flying?

Yes I am pretty diligent about checking there are no other apps open. Nougat was installed before I installed the Go app.

BUT I am not quite sure exactly what you mean by 'not using USB to launch DJIGo'. This might be something I am doing wrong.

But realistically I think it is a) hot weather 90 degree F + b) screen brightness turned up to full (to see in bright sun) and c) the RC charging the S7 edge. It physically feels very hot. I suspect I will have to pick up an ipad mini (yuck) to fly this thing.

Yes I am pretty diligent about checking there are no other apps open. Nougat was installed before I installed the Go app.

BUT I am not quite sure exactly what you mean by 'not using USB to launch DJIGo'. This might be something I am doing wrong...
Instead of launching DJIGo4 by tapping its icon - Launch it by inserting the USB lead into the remote control from the the phone and have the system recognise this has occurred and auto prompt you to start DJIGo4. This is more to do with preventing subsequent app crashes that overheating though.

Other things to try are to:
..turn off fast charging in the phone settings
.. uninstall Occulus Gear VR if you are not using it (has been blamed for high batter drain in the past).
.. Borrow a friends S7e, put the DJIGo4 on it and see if it overheats too.

To test if it really is the hot humid weather see if it still overheats by flying in a cooler environment. You might be able to fly it from indoors and observe through a window for example.

Be shame to have buy another device

Last edited:
Hi my mavic is arriving tomorrow but ive heard stories of the s7 edge resetting whilst in flight which has me worried.
Anybody out there use the galaxy s7 edge if so have you had any problems
YES!!! Beware of it. Mine sometimes resets, with any NFZ logins reloaded. Usually it simply quits. I cleared the cache as suggested elsewhere. Then deleted & reloaded app. Seemed better till I was 400 ft up and BLANK. I think it's a very good thing to learn to fly manually :).

Hey all, I just got my Mavic yesterday. I am wondering how those of you with the S7 Edge are actually physically using the S7 with the controller? I found that my physical button gets pressed by the controller. I tried leaving the S7 only partially inserted, but that seems like a bad work around. Also, am I correct that I have to use the regular USB connection (middle of the controller, towards the bottom) to connect with my S7? For some reason I can't get the DJI Go to rotate if the micro USB connection of the phone is to the left. Any help is appreciated!

Hey all, I just got my Mavic yesterday. I am wondering how those of you with the S7 Edge are actually physically using the S7 with the controller? I found that my physical button gets pressed by the controller. I tried leaving the S7 only partially inserted, but that seems like a bad work around. Also, am I correct that I have to use the regular USB connection (middle of the controller, towards the bottom) to connect with my S7? For some reason I can't get the DJI Go to rotate if the micro USB connection of the phone is to the left. Any help is appreciated!

NC: I gave up on the DJI Go app as I kept having crashes. Maybe my phone was going dook as I now have a warranty replacement coming tomorrow. (The S7 is now totally locked up) I bought Litchi a few days ago and it worked fine, did a waypoint mission right off. I'll retry Go for it's few unique features & post. As for connecting you should use the small USB cable that came with your Mavic. The holder will work fine, I just barely squeeze the arms onto the phone. It's much solider than it looks. The short USB cable connects into the left SIDE of the controller, as does your charger. It also has USB C and Lightning cables included, so you're covered. The bottom USB port is supposed to be for "future" use, but others have reported it has live video for goggles and such. I now leave my phone in it's protective case and even that tiny bit of insertion holds great.

Please read my post above. If the app crashes you and the controller are it! I really recommend everyone learn how to fly by eyesight and without GPS. Make sure you know how RTH works. If set up right it can save your bird. If wrong it can crash it. This is my fourth drone. Two are still with me and the Hubsan is a good trainer with GPS. The other is 60 feet up a Poplar ;(.

Tacco, thanks for the reply. I'll give the controller another shot, but not press the handles all the way on to the phone. I've had a few of the Go app closes, and that's frustrating! Like I've mentioned, I've also had that issue of my screen not rotating so I could use the cable on the left but will give it another go. I think an update hung it up.

Loving this forum so far, very helpful! I bought my dad a Phantom 3 Advanced when they came out, but this is MY first drone, although I've flown my dad's for hours more than he has (I think it intimidates him) but hopefully he'll fly his more now.

Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard