DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Galaxy s7 playback

bill1992

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I have the mavic and a galaxy s7 edge.
This post is only to do with playback and attempt to edit the mavic footage from the SD card.

I can't seem to get the phone to play back any footage (whether 4k or even just 1080) that comes off the SD card when using the default video player, I get an error message saying file corrupt or unsupported. I have the VLC player app which plays it all just fine.

The main part: I have the cyber link power director app for video editing, it happily lets me edit all footage the s7 phone camera has taken (even the 4k) but nothing from the mavic SD card either. The cached video it works with, just nothing direct from the SD card.

Can anyone assist? I'm assuming they're a related problem that both won't support the mavic footage?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi everyone,

I have the mavic and a galaxy s7 edge.

I can't seem to get the phone to play back any footage (whether 4k or even just 1080) that comes off the SD card when using the default video player, I get an error message saying file corrupt or unsupported. I have the VLC player app which plays it all just fine.

I have never tried transferring the SD card back to phone.
Seems little point when you can just play back the video cache that the S7 phone can store. Either using the default Gallery app or Google photos on my S7 play it just fine. You are probably aware of this. But if not it is set in DJIGO4 under general settings > video cache.
- Set On
-Cache can be up to 16GB
-Auto Clean up ON so it overwrites itself when full

I use mxplayer for playing 4k vids from my S7 edge, for editing, im using filmora for mobile it i want to edit directly from my phone..

I have never tried transferring the SD card back to phone.
Seems little point when you can just play back the video cache that the S7 phone can store. Either using the default Gallery app or Google photos on my S7 play it just fine. You are probably aware of this. But if not it is set in DJIGO4 under general settings > video cache.
- Set On
-Cache can be up to 16GB
-Auto Clean up ON so it overwrites itself when full
My overall goal is to be able to edit the 4k SD card footage using my phone in the power director app, since it also supports 4k output, for a simple on the go editor that won't leave me with an output at 1080.

This process works fine with the phones uhd footage, just something about the file/format from the mavic it doesn't like

I use mxplayer for playing 4k vids from my S7 edge, for editing, im using filmora for mobile it i want to edit directly from my phone..
I have just downloaded filmora on the Galaxy s7, and it also comes up with an error when trying to use the drones SD card files (in any resolution) . Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Is the S7 powerful enough to edit 4k when some pcs struggle?
I'm not 100% sure. It handles editing the phone camera uhd recorded files. But my point is it won't allow me to edit the 1080 from the drone SD card either. I feel like if I can resolve this issue then that will also fix the 4k edit

Have you tried recording in both container types? I think we have the choice of .mp4 or .mkv? I wouldn't really expect this to be the problem, but it's something to try.

Have you tried recording in both container types? I think we have the choice of .mp4 or .mkv? I wouldn't really expect this to be the problem, but it's something to try.
Yeah i have tried both, thanks. Do you have a Galaxy s7 that plays the drone SD card footage in the native s7 video player?

Yeah i have tried both, thanks. Do you have a Galaxy s7 that plays the drone SD card footage in the native s7 video player?

I just tested this out for you on my S7 and got the same result. The video wouldn't play. For my test I didn't actually insert my Mavic's SD card, but I transferred one of my Mavic videos from my laptop onto my phone's internal storage. My Gallery app even shows the thumbnail, but won't actually play the video. "An unknown error has occurred."

I just tested this out for you on my S7 and got the same result. The video wouldn't play. For my test I didn't actually insert my Mavic's SD card, but I transferred one of my Mavic videos from my laptop onto my phone's internal storage. My Gallery app even shows the thumbnail, but won't actually play the video. "An unknown error has occurred."
OK so it's at least not just me [emoji23] the annoying part is I just can't understand why, I thought they were the same format as videos recorded by the phone. Thanks for that!

Same here with my S7 active. Apparently DJI isn't using a standard codec for whatever reason. Very frustrating that the videos won't play using standard viewers and editors.

Hi guys
Same issue in here has any one find a saltion yet?
And if not does someone can give a a app for galaxy that can transfer the 4k into 1080p??
By the way file 2k can be transfer from sd and be editing by dji 4 go but its lame editing app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird