DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gear VR goggles with Air?

sberfield

Reactions
Is it possible to use the Samsung Gear VR (I have the latest version for the Note 8) with the Air?

Reactions: cemkuyucu
The Samsung Gear VR cannot be used with DJI GO 4 since it does not have a VR mode. However, you could use it if you're flying with a third party app that has a VR feature (not sure any apps are compatible yet).

I have tested the following "trick" with MP:

Last edited:
That is sweet.... I have exactly same gear and phone will try to connect to my MA

I have Samsung Oculus want to use with Mavic Air, and i purchase Litchi yesterday. I try everything but no connection set with camera. And I return my money back and write to the company. They answer me today. Answer is below:

Litchi replied:

Hi,

As soon as DJI adds support for Mavic Air in the DJI development kit (DJI Developer), we will then update Litchi with that new version and Litchi will support Mavic Air.
According to DJI, it will be added but we don’t know when. At this time, we also do not know if all flight modes will be supported.
Please follow us on facebook for the latest updates: Litchi

Kind Regards,
Litchi
Online help at Help - Litchi

Mavic Air + Samsung S9 + Litchi (VR mode) + simple VR box with lenses = works fine.
Mavic gimble follows the head (using a smartphone accelerometers) - tested!

Reactions: TimberWolf775
The Samsung Gear VR cannot be used with DJI GO 4 since it does not have a VR mode. However, you could use it if you're flying with a third party app that has a VR feature (not sure any apps are compatible yet).

what about litchi? it has a vr mode

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J