DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO zones and Class D not showing up

Maviac

Reactions
Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn’t find anything directly on point during a search and the similar discussions are older so I don’t know if the system still works the same.

So I’m flying in Class D airspace with LAANC authorization. DJI Go doesn’t seem to have an issue with it or even show a warning or any other sort of notification recognizing it (except it does show a circle on the map). However, I DO get a warning about proximity to another Class D airport at least 10 miles away, telling me I may experience RTH, forced landing, etc. if I enter that area.

First, SHOULD I be getting a notification for the Class D I’m actually in, and if so, do I have to input any sort of code or is it just a checkbox thing? My concern is that it will suddenly pick up on the airspace and do a forced landing (RTH wouldn’t be the end of the world, but would prefer not to since I have clearance). My understanding is a dialog box may pop up and give me time to deal with it, which is fine, but if I have to enter an unlock code I’m worried about taking too long.

Second, as best I can tell, the notification for the other airport is an altitude restriction based on orientation of runway, 120 meters up where I am, I think. Now, I know this airport routes traffic a different way due to other airports in the area and local approach and departure procedures, so it’s a dumb restriction, but whatever. Is there any reason that I’m getting this warning rather than the Class D I’m actually in and had to get authorization for? All aircraft/controller/batter firmware is up to date.

Just trying to make sure there’s not bad data in the GEO system (or a problem with my system) that’s going to cause unexpected behavior, or at least figure out what I need to do if challenged in the app about Class D.

Thanks!

I have the same question. It took me a while to realize I'm getting any warnings of all kinds anymore! I tried selecting all the warning options in the DJI app map for all available choices but nothing happens! I'm kinda wondering, is this China messing up with us? LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52