DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GEO zones and Class D not showing up

Maviac

Reactions
Sorry if this has been asked but I couldn’t find anything directly on point during a search and the similar discussions are older so I don’t know if the system still works the same.

So I’m flying in Class D airspace with LAANC authorization. DJI Go doesn’t seem to have an issue with it or even show a warning or any other sort of notification recognizing it (except it does show a circle on the map). However, I DO get a warning about proximity to another Class D airport at least 10 miles away, telling me I may experience RTH, forced landing, etc. if I enter that area.

First, SHOULD I be getting a notification for the Class D I’m actually in, and if so, do I have to input any sort of code or is it just a checkbox thing? My concern is that it will suddenly pick up on the airspace and do a forced landing (RTH wouldn’t be the end of the world, but would prefer not to since I have clearance). My understanding is a dialog box may pop up and give me time to deal with it, which is fine, but if I have to enter an unlock code I’m worried about taking too long.

Second, as best I can tell, the notification for the other airport is an altitude restriction based on orientation of runway, 120 meters up where I am, I think. Now, I know this airport routes traffic a different way due to other airports in the area and local approach and departure procedures, so it’s a dumb restriction, but whatever. Is there any reason that I’m getting this warning rather than the Class D I’m actually in and had to get authorization for? All aircraft/controller/batter firmware is up to date.

Just trying to make sure there’s not bad data in the GEO system (or a problem with my system) that’s going to cause unexpected behavior, or at least figure out what I need to do if challenged in the app about Class D.

Thanks!

I have the same question. It took me a while to realize I'm getting any warnings of all kinds anymore! I tried selecting all the warning options in the DJI app map for all available choices but nothing happens! I'm kinda wondering, is this China messing up with us? LOL