DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Get ready to have your drone taken down

That technology still cannot legally be used here in the US until and unless congress forces changes to the FAAs FARs.

yeah I saw a story about the devices use of radio waves is not currently legal

I feel bad for the people who invested money in this, it's use in the USA is never going to happen.

If your into radio you know the FCC is very strict on any form of jamming technology! Even today cities are trying to get permission to use jammers around prisons to prevent inmates from using smuggled in cell phones and to stop drones and as far as I know they have had no luck.

When they state it's powerful enough to stop drones at the source that means jamming a 3 mile radius LOL.

How many surrounding businesses and homes will this also have their wifi jammed? Fast forward a couple of years and lets imagine these become common place. What happens if someone buys a used older model and drives around Manhattan jamming all the wifi for miles. I see zero chance of this getting FCC approval for sale and usage in the United States.

Rob

Last edited:
They have to spot your drone to use it. Can't shoot it if you don't know it's there.

Be stealthy and fly like the wind.
Hard to be stealthy when you can hear the Mavic and most other drones coming a mile away.

When they state it's powerful enough to stop drones at the source that means jamming a 3 mile radius LOL.

Not really, depending on how secure or not the command link protocol is, its perfectly possible to jam or interfere with a specific device and its only data stream. Doesn't need a broadband cluster bombing approach.

Even non specific, if its beamed with a highly directional antenna, collateral damage should be minimal.

Not really, depending on how secure or not the command link protocol is, its perfectly possible to jam or interfere with a specific device and its only data stream. Doesn't need a broadband cluster bombing approach.

Even non specific, if its beamed with a highly directional antenna, collateral damage should be minimal.

The Mavic frequency Hops if it picks up interference. So you are going to need to Jam the whole band.

Rob

The Mavic frequency Hops if it picks up interference. So you are going to need to Jam the whole band.

Rob

Again not really, it hops known, specific steps so can be jammed that way. And the hopping is controlled in the transmission protocol so if thats hacked or compromised it can be followed.

Not sure why this is even being debated. This is DoD type of hardware. It's not going to be something for sale on Amazon.

Doesn't need DoD level hardware when someone can do it with a HackRF and a few hundred dollars.

They have to spot your drone to use it. Can't shoot it if you don't know it's there.

Be stealthy and fly like the wind.
Jamming the signal will only bring my drone back home. Just make sure your settings are set before you fly...

So, there I am flying my drone perfectly legally when someone jams the signal. On RTH, since I'm no longer in direct control, it crashes into someone or something and causes an accident, who's to blame? Can't see any jurisdiction allowing such a device.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag