DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting 5 minutes flying time out of batteries

Riverbc

Reactions
Hi All....new guy here.....first post.
I picked up a mavic air combo, back in January, and have just started playing with it, the last couple of weeks. I'm getting to know the controls and playing with quick shots and active trax. I thought having 3 batteries would give me almost an hour of flying time, but I only see to get 5 minutes out of each battery. Needless to say I'm not happy, as they advertise 20 minutes fly time. I do have 4 green lights on each battery before flying, but it doesn't last long. Comments, suggestions?

Cheers

Sounds very odd, generally get 16ish mins out of my air batteries. What level do you have the warning set to etc in Go4?

It's not that you have just accidentally set that very high, and returning with 50%+ battery remaining?

If not make sure the firmware on the batteries is upto date on each of them, you have to update them seperatly (Go4 will warn of inconsistent firmware, that's almost always battery firmware out of date)

Besides that, how long do they take (each) to recharge?

Sounds very odd, generally get 16ish mins out of my air batteries. What level do you have the warning set to etc in Go4?

It's not that you have just accidentally set that very high, and returning with 50%+ battery remaining?

If not make sure the firmware on the batteries is upto date on each of them, you have to update them seperatly (Go4 will warn of inconsistent firmware, that's almost always battery firmware out of date)

Besides that, how long do they take (each) to recharge?

When they return they have one light on. 25% I will check Go4 warning. I did a firmware update prior to flying today.
I honestly don't know how long they take to charge. I put all three in the charging hub and then walk away.

Hi All....new guy here.....first post.
I picked up a mavic air combo, back in January, and have just started playing with it, the last couple of weeks. I'm getting to know the controls and playing with quick shots and active trax. I thought having 3 batteries would give me almost an hour of flying time, but I only see to get 5 minutes out of each battery. Needless to say I'm not happy, as they advertise 20 minutes fly time. I do have 4 green lights on each battery before flying, but it doesn't last long. Comments, suggestions?

Cheers

Did you charge the batteries when you got it or have they been sitting around dead? How were they stored? Have you tried using the single battery charger? Maybe it's the hub. All three batteries having the same problem seems strange. Otherwise call DJI and if you only have a few charges on them, they'll probably replace them under warranty.

Something is not right. Several things to do.

1. Post 3 your of your log files (one from each battery) then post them here. Then send sar104 a request to review them. Explain to him what you are experiencing.
If your not already familiar with getting the files, follow these instructions:

2. See if you can find someone in local area. You swap a battery with each other. That will tell if its the battery (unusual it would be all 3 batteries of your batteries). If you fly abut 15 minutes on their battery and they fly for 5 minutes on yours.

After that you will know what you can communicate with DJI service to get things corrected.

Reactions: ForceMajeure
I only see to get 5 minutes out of each battery.
1. Post 3 your of your log files (one from each battery) then post them here.
Just the txt file from the last 5 minute flight will show enough information.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Ok. I’m a little overwhelmed by this at the moment. I will try And figure out how to download and post flight log.
Here’s a screen shot.
c814039dfeb7d7a8ad6f851a893fbe8b.jpg

Ok. I’m a little overwhelmed by this at the moment. I will try And figure out how to download and post flight log.
You'll find simple instructions if you follow the link in post #6

Did you charge the batteries before each flight?
I had left them in the charger for a couple of weeks, but methinks that it is not a wise practice. However if I'm still getting four full lights on my battery, I;m curious why it would actually only have 50%?

Thanks everyone for their input and showing me how to access the flight records. Great tool. I'll have to be more diligent with my battery charger and see if that helps, with the battery life. So ideally, don't put batteries into the charger until the night before?

I had left them in the charger for a couple of weeks, but methinks that it is not a wise practice. However if I'm still getting four full lights on my battery, I;m curious why it would actually only have 50%?

Thanks everyone for their input and showing me how to access the flight records. Great tool. I'll have to be more diligent with my battery charger and see if that helps, with the battery life. So ideally, don't put batteries into the charger until the night before?

Right - but the charger doesn't maintain them - it charges them and then the charging shuts down. After some number of days (default is 10 days for the MA I think) they go into auto-discharge to protect them, after which neither the lights nor the percentage are reliable.

Just pop one of them onto the charger, without the multi bat block. Charge it, plug into drone and check battery level.

Wonder if for some reason a part of your charging system is fubar

If this were I, I would use DJI Assistant, connect MA to my computer, and upgrade the MA’s firmware, with each and every battery, and see if it helps. I have fixed many problems bypassing the Go4 App. Use a USB cable, and turn MA on. I suspect your LiPo cells are fine, problem is software related....however...

I would seriously recommend you do not fly very high, far, or over hard surfaces. Lithium batteries, when defective, lose almost all power instantly. DJI packs have multi cells inside to keep drones from falling from the sky without w/o warning.

Hope it works :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki