DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

getting bored with mavic...taking more risks

In just bored with all of the places I can’t fly. Takes the fun out of having a drone.
If you are in the U.S. Go find some BLM lands. You can fly there! Hint: Some National Monuments are on BLM land. Check regulation for that monument, but generally you'll be able to fly. Another tip: you can also camp/RV on BLM Land FREE for up to 14 days.

Nice nature footage! What camera settings did you use to achieve this video?

No special settings. Filmed in 2.7k @ 30 frames, white balance likely set to sunny, and auto everything else. I think sharpness is at +1. I barely know what that means, just watched a video that said +1 is best. No filters. I did adjust colors in post using some complicated program I don’t really know how to use.

I also flew mostly in “cinnematic” mode....except the scene coming down from the rafters I used tripod mode, and the flight through the windows was in p mode....where I flew backwards at rather high speed and simply reversed the footage in post. It was tricky to get mavic aligned with both “windows” as there was very little clearance.

I wanted to fly under the bridge....but the metal trusses above and water below....I just couldn’t bring myself to do it......maybe I’ll have to go back....

Excellent flying, shooting and editing!! Thanks for sharing that. I'm not up to flying through windows like that yet, but it's similar to the kind of flying I'be been attempting as well.

Awesome location there. Like Lapeer20m, I'm tired of shooting the places I can fly easily. Gotta commit to moving about, and there-in lies the inherent desire for the freedom to fly anywhere there are nice pictures to be taken.

Bravo!!

Check out NURK FPV Flight of the year.......

I know it's not a Mavic....But if you want to take risks..

I was gonna say, when you get board come on over to the dark side! Shooting on miniquads is a lot of work, but it's a lot of fun. I'm no Nurk but I love flying proximity

That rig (my profile picture, a 3" mini) is about $200 plus the cost of your Gopro. Most damage I've done to it at once is about $40. I broke an arm yesterday and it cost me $7.99 to replace it. Once you get it working they're modular and built to take a crash. Message me if you're interested in getting started, I'll give you a list of resources.

Filmed this sweet covered bridge and did some pretty aggressive flying....Lots of relatively high speed and close proximity....and a little bit of trickery.

Mavic really is a solid bird.

(just finished uploading, so may not be available in 2.7k yet)

Very nice work....... I would have no idea how to make a movie with my mavic, I just look at my flight videos on the computer and then delete them.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J