DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Getting Familiar with Adobe Lightroom

maggior

Reactions
I had been frustrated trying to figure out a good photo editing tool to enhance my photos. I had been shooting in RAW but I wasn't getting a good result. I decided to dig in with Lightroom and finally figured it out after watching quite a few videos. Now I feel I can make enhancements with purpose rather than just moving sliders around willy-nilly hoping for a good result. Creating HDR images from bracketed shots is pretty amazing. I now fully appreciate what shooting in RAW allows you to do in post processing.

I thought I'd share my excitement here with some of my favorite shots so far. The corn maze shot has gotten a really good response here locally.

This is a corn maze from a local farm. I wasn't expecting it and stumbled upon it as I was flying around the farm.
Donaldsons Farm Corn Maze_Small.png

This shot I got by happenstance as I flew up the side of the mountain behind my house. The setting sun caught some of the trees but not others. I wish I could say I purposely tried to get the motion blur of the cars :).Route 46 Overhead_small.png

While on vacation there was a really great sunset in Edenton NC. I positioned my drone to get the sun in the top of the lighthouse. The shot was a mess regarding exposure but Lightroom let me bring it to life and give it some pop.
Edenton Lighthouse.png

This last one I have a love/hate relationship with. It's washed out looking to me with the light of the sunset casting a haze over the entire image. I really like the sun flares in the lens and how looking at it makes you want to squint even though you are just looking at an image.
Neighborhood Sunset.png

Last edited:
As good as Lightroom is for HDR the Aurora HDR plugin is far superior. Look into it. Nice pics :)

Reactions: maggior
Very nice. Lightroom is pretty good at stitching together pano shots as well. I've been using it with a loupedeck Live console to help speed things up. DJI_0203-HDR.jpg

I had been frustrated trying to figure out a good photo editing tool to enhance my photos. I had been shooting in RAW but I wasn't getting a good result. I decided to dig in with Lightroom and finally figured it out after watching quite a few videos. Now I feel I can make enhancements with purpose rather than just moving sliders around willy-nilly hoping for a good result. Creating HDR images from bracketed shots is pretty amazing. I now fully appreciate what shooting in RAW allows you to do in post processing.

I thought I'd share my excitement here with some of my favorite shots so far. The corn maze shot has gotten a really good response here locally.

This is a corn maze from a local farm. I wasn't expecting it and stumbled upon it as I was flying around the farm.
View attachment 153401

This shot I got by happenstance as I flew up the side of the mountain behind my house. The setting sun caught some of the trees but not others. I wish I could say I purposely tried to get the motion blur of the cars :).View attachment 153402

While on vacation there was a really great sunset in Edenton NC. I positioned my drone to get the sun in the top of the lighthouse. The shot was a mess regarding exposure but Lightroom let me bring it to life and give it some pop.
View attachment 153399

This last one I have a love/hate relationship with. It's washed out looking to me with the light of the sunset casting a haze over the entire image. I really like the sun flares in the lens and how looking at it makes you want to squint even though you are just looking at an image.
View attachment 153400
I would like to recommend Colin Smith's courses in Photoshop and Lightroom. He has been my guide and teacher for years and years of using both of these products. www.photoshopcafe.com
He has a ton of free stuff and a lot of great video courses. He is the best Photoshop and Lightroom teacher around *** far as I am concerned.

Dale
Miami

Anthony Morganti on You Tube is a real resource on LightRoom. He provides many tutorials and he is an excellent instructor.
I totally agree with that recommendation too!

View attachment 153401

This shot I got by happenstance as I flew up the side of the mountain behind my house. The setting sun caught some of the trees but not others. I wish I could say I purposely tried to get the motion blur of the cars :).View attachment 153402

View attachment 153399

View attachment 153400
it is pretty much impossible to shoot directly at the sun without getting glare and flare. I'd try to see if the clone tool or the spot healing brush tool in Photoshop can erase some of the lower two sun spots.
Dale

it is pretty much impossible to shoot directly at the sun without getting glare and flare. I'd try to see if the clone tool or the spot healing brush tool in Photoshop can erase some of the lower two sun spots.
Dale
That's a good idea. If that doesn't work, I would try using radial masks over those and de-emphasize they orangey/yellow color. I liked those flares but I can see now how they are a bit distracting.

Thanks for the suggestion.

That's a good idea. If that doesn't work, I would try using radial masks over those and de-emphasize they orangey/yellow color. I liked those flares but I can see now how they are a bit distracting.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried to quickly fix some of it and used the clone stamp
Dale

Clone stamp.jpg

View attachment 153401

View attachment 153399

View attachment 153400Good work. I really like the Mavic Air 2. It's surely my go to quad.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+