DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting familiar with my new Mini 4Pro

JackWendel

Reactions
I've been getting familiar with some things in this new mini 4 pro and i have noticed that the altitude can be set much higher than my Mavic Pro is this legal? It is much lighter and quieter too!

I've been getting familiar with some things in this new mini 4 pro and i have noticed that the altitude can be set much higher than my Mavic Pro is this legal? It is much lighter and quieter too!
It's most likely that your previous drone's height could be set just as high, but you didn't notice.
DJI drones have all had the same max altitude settings.

Yes, it's legal that your drone can be set to fly higher than 400 ft above the launch point.
It's up to you to ensure that the drone isn't higher than 400 ft above the ground below it - and that's different from its height above launch point.

Reactions: twickers14
i have noticed that the altitude can be set much higher than my Mavic Pro is this legal?
It's like driving faster than the speed limit in your car. It's not illegal to own/drive a car that is able to exceed any speed limit.

Reactions: MARK (LI)
You aren't allowed to exceed 400 FT AGL If you take off at the base of a hill that is 200 feet high and follow the contour of the hill at 400 feet AGL.....you will still be only 400 feet AGL at the top...but 600 Feet above your take off point. So the extra altitude allowance seems feasible

Last edited:
better google before you upgrade your firmware.
i have read somewhere that this 120m limit will be enforced on the M4P since it is C0 from the factory
M3P is not C0(but falls in C0) and did not get this limit

i also have read that M4P owners get the choice to remove the C0 label
if they do the 120M limit will be removed as well
this involves taking of the label, making some photo's and sending those to DJI

i personally would say to remove the C0 label period because all drones, Cx label or not, fall into the <249 gram category anyway so not problems there.

Last edited:
I just took a look at mine and I can set it for 1640 feet.....some warning comes on ...you can cancel the warning or agree to it...if I cancel it, it brings the Max altitude back to 396 feet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas