DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting file times that can't be right.

jwilson

Reactions
I'm having some problem with my mavic 3 pro. I'm trying to document exactly what's happened, including the dates it happened, but when I check the original videos that the drones are recording, they have time/dates that can't be right. Where does the drone get the time/date it puts on the file? From your device or the drone itself?

I'm having some problem with my mavic 3 pro. I'm trying to document exactly what's happened, including the dates it happened, but when I check the original videos that the drones are recording, they have time/dates that can't be right. Where does the drone get the time/date it puts on the file? From your device or the drone itself?
Short version: it comes from GPS.
But there are complications with some of the controllers with integrated screens, around the end of the month, under some circumstances, they can get the date wrong.

Can you give some details of dates/times and filenames to show the issue you are trying to sort out?

OK. I guess it's possible that my brain is wrong. Thanks for telling me the GPS is where the time is coming from. When I look at it now, it's the directory times that look like they're wrong, but the directories were not created until after I flew. I guess I'll just have to assume the file names are correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avivf377