DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting gps marks

Rampee1

Reactions
Hi guys. I am wondering if there is a way to get gps coordinates straight off the camera screen.

Eg: to mark underwater sea beds and banks that may be 100mtrs long i have to fly the drone to each location i wish to mark (say 10 locations) along the bank and either take a photo and get the coordinates from the photo later on, or go to the "find my drone" screen and sceenshot each location to get the latitudes. Is there a way to maybe tap the screen or multiple points (drop a pin google maps style) get a latitude and longitude. Needs to be from camera view.

I’m pretty sure it’s in the meta data on the photo file

Thanks mate. It is and i use that to get the gps coordinates atm. im after something a bit more accurate to mark a few spots at once, eg: 5 gps marks along the length of a underwater log. I could then transfer the latitudes into a hand held gps and return at a later date and know excatly where the log starts and ends

Ideally tap the screen and a pin with latitude and longitude info comes up. I guess im asking a bit much haha. Might have to contact NASA

Thinking outside the bun here.... use mapping software (DroneDeploy, Maps Made Easy, Pix4D) and map the area, then get the ortho and you will be able to get GPS coords from the ortho.
Just a suggestion ;)

Reactions: Mrmund
Ideally tap the screen and a pin with latitude and longitude info comes up. I guess im asking a bit much haha. Might have to contact NASA
Can't you set waypoints/pinpoints when switching to the map on site and later extract their location?
I guess at least with Litchi that should be doable.

Can't you set waypoints/pinpoints when switching to the map on site and later extract their location?
I guess at least with Litchi that should be doable.

Yes you can but i need to do it direct from camera as google maps aint that clear and things i mark change everyday. Need the map as like a google map overlay with opacity turned right down for it to work i guess

Hi guys. I am wondering if there is a way to get gps coordinates straight off the camera screen.

Eg: to mark underwater sea beds and banks that may be 100mtrs long i have to fly the drone to each location i wish to mark (say 10 locations) along the bank and either take a photo and get the coordinates from the photo later on, or go to the "find my drone" screen and sceenshot each location to get the latitudes. Is there a way to maybe tap the screen or multiple points (drop a pin google maps style) get a latitude and longitude. Needs to be from camera view.
I wonder if this has been asked previously (rhetorical).....

Thinking outside the bun here.... use mapping software (DroneDeploy, Maps Made Easy, Pix4D) and map the area, then get the ortho and you will be able to get GPS coords from the ortho.
Just a suggestion ;)

Thanks alot mate, makes sence, ill do some research into that. Have not had much to do with those programs.
Cheers

I wonder if this has been asked previously (rhetorical).....

Thanks mate i read through those the other day. I think litchi will be the go too ill have to play around with it.
Thanks for the links

Reactions: The Editor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000