DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting grainy pic and videos

RNulle

Reactions
Hi,

I`m new to the forum, so, if I`m posting in wrong section, I apologize in advance.

Pretty sure that is a problem of settings - maybe you, guys, have a very simple solving for this one

My settings for this particular pic:

Mavic built in style - Landscape

Sharpness: +1
Contrast: +1
Saturation: 0

Used filter - ND 8
Shutter speed - 1/60s
ISO - 400

I`ve added only JPG file, cause DNG is too big - usually I take both

Here is a link to DNG file - DJI_0001.DNG

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
It definitely looks underexposed to me, and I would shoot at 100 ISO whenever possible. The Mavic's sensor isn't great at 400 ISO and you'll start seeing grain for sure.

It definitely looks underexposed to me, and I would shoot at 100 ISO whenever possible. The Mavic's sensor isn't great at 400 ISO and you'll start seeing grain for sure.

Thanks for the fast reply :)
Will try my best to keep it at 100 ISO, but even in a sunny day with ISO I have major part of histogram at left side, not even mentioning a cloudy day or evening - any recommendations?

I am actually having the same problem. But I dont know what my settings where at this morning. Just bought my Mavic. Still trying to figure everything out

Then it means the light conditions require you to use a weaker ND filter - in this case none at all.

In general for shooting stills you never want one anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Salty
I am actually having the same problem. But I dont know what my settings where at this morning. Just bought my Mavic. Still trying to figure everything out

This video could help you about the right settings for your video:

- check out his other videos as well, very helpfull :)

Reactions: Technomancer
Then it means the light conditions require you to use a weaker ND filter - in this case none at all.

In general for shooting stills you do not want one anyway.

Even if my histogram if showing well balanced range?

The usual goal of an ND filter for drone use is to allow for slowing down shutter speed to get "cinematic" motion blur on video footage instead of ugly actioncam-like stuttery stuff. Blur is however the last thing you want on drone stills in most cases.

There are some situations where you might want the effect, but that's on shots planned accordingly.

DJI_0899.00_04_06_18.Image fixe003.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: iPa64 and Pedro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radhwaanazahah