DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting hit on the head by a falling Mavic? Guess which is the best and worst way.

Can anyone guess what would be the best and worst way to get a head strike by a Mavic? Also, any guesses as to your chances of surviving any of the below?

A) 50 mph frontal head strike
B) 50 mph rear head strike
C) 50 mph straight down on the top of your head

Is this a trick question.?
Because if it isnt
...................... I would look real stupid standing in field with a helmet hold my Mavic controller .cR

Reactions: Former Member
Because if it isnt
...................... I would look real stupid standing in field with a helmet hold my Mavic controller .cR

Quick answer to that problem, how about wearing a football helmet and shoulder pads? People will think you are just out throwing the ball around. Little do they know its for your own self-preservation.

Because if it isnt
Haven’t started doing it yet until this spring and after I pass the 107, but one of my 1st paid drone contracts will require me wearing just that! But really only because its a construction site, otherwise my bat baseball cap is good enough. :)

IF a mavic were to fall on a dense crowd, There is still a better chance that it will miss a head shot, since I would guess (in this picture), only about 15%-20% of the entire space is occupied with skulls. That leaves 80%- 85% of the space to crash without hitting any heads.
overhead-view-of-crowds-at-outdoor-rock-music-concert-A8TYDY.jpg

The correct answer, according to one university physicist, is that a blow directly to the top of the head by a Mavic would cause the least amount of damage to the person. The larger surface area of the heat sink plate would spread the impact load to a wider surface area. The worst way to get hit would be straight in the forehead, because the front edge of the Mavic would incise and penetrate the skull.

Has the physicist taken into account that the leading edge of the mavic is plastic, unlike the base which is a large metal heat sink, and front edge thus more likely to fracture/collapse itself and dissipate energy? the front is also slightly angled, which could deflect mavic upward, leading gimbal to smash into your skull, which is also considerably softer than your skull and likely to dissipate more energy while it breaks into many pieces.
A mavic descending at 50mph would be in free fall and angled a bit forward from weight, so would not hit you flush with its heatsink.

Just thinking...

Alhough a 50mph impact on the top of your head would be much more likely that into the side/front/back of your skull. Unless you where suntanning...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic