DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Mavic 2Pro after having original Mavic 1 since 2018

Oops, sorry. Ignore the RID thing. It’s a US flight regulation for Remote Identification. You are not subject to it in Australia.

Thanks, one more question.

When buying a second hand M2P, is it possible to see the total flying time (on that particular drone) since new (in the DJI app), or that can be reset, so the real flying time is not possible to ascertain.

I did what you are considering. I got my MPP in 2018, and later added the M2P. You will love the flight power, stability and camera capabilities of the M2P. It’s my go-to drone for video production using the HLG transfer function.
There is a future firmware update that will make it RID compliant.
You can buy batteries for the M2P from DJI, I just checked a minute ago. $149.
Buy the M2P.
What's the HLG transfer function?

One drawback is that you won’t be able to buy OEM batteries for the Mavic 2’s including the pro, DJI stopped making those. Other than that you can use generic batteries but better than that you can use Litchi and other control programs with it, unheard of with the new DJI drones. I’m considering getting a Avanta but because of the control limitation DJI has by not releasing a SDK for it I might just stick with my M2P- it takes really good photos and videos.
Such a capable and operational drone with technology that's still acceptable today and which dji has not produced newer versions that are way way greater and then they stop producing batteries for it forcing you maybe to consider upgrading to the new version? So we buy dji and they stop support eventually on that version? Good $ for thier business but bad for us but do we have a choice?

Such a capable and operational drone with technology that's still acceptable today and which dji has not produced newer versions that are way way greater and then they stop producing batteries for it forcing you maybe to consider upgrading to the new version? So we buy dji and they stop support eventually on that version? Good $ for thier business but bad for us but do we have a choice?
Only choice is to either buy generic batteries for as long as you still fly your M2P, buy new Mavic 2E batteries for it for as long as those are around (they are still available and apparently work on a M2P), or learn to swap out your battery cells before they shut off or be able to reset the bms if it ever does get switched off.

Only choice is to either buy generic batteries for as long as you still fly your M2P, buy new Mavic 2E batteries for it for as long as those are around (they are still available and apparently work on a M2P), or learn to swap out your battery cells before they shut off or be able to reset the bms if it ever does get switched off.
Ok, thanks for the information but would love details on your other options if possible.

The point is that it seems that dji is technically forcing us to buy the next offering products by dropping support on battery production of the last version batteries.

“anthonyvlog” shows how to do the other stuff
I mentioned. You’ll have to search for it as it’s not recommended for beginners to try.

You can buy batteries for Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom on the DJI store, they are in stock.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Can you link it please? When I open the store web page, it is not there.

Maybe there is a geographic limitation to availability… 🤔
Buy Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery - DJI Store
Shop for Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery on the official DJI Online Store. Find great deals and buy DJI products online with quick and convenient delivery!

Reactions: AMann
Can you link it please? When I open the store web page, it is not there.

Maybe there is a geographic limitation to availability… 🤔
I checked the DJI store pretending I was in the US, and it is in stock, price USD 149.- delivered to California.
(But when clicking the link, it will automatically redirect to the country of your IP address).

Reactions: AMann
Ok I was misled… I was told and read elsewhere that Mavic 2 batteries were not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic Pro Zoom drones. All this time I thought the M2’s were the wrong ones and stopped looking for replacements. Unless I am wrong again, there is a replacement OEM battery available for the Mavic Pro 2 .

Ok I was misled… I was told and read elsewhere that Mavic 2 batteries were not compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Mavic Pro Zoom drones. All this time I thought the M2’s were the wrong ones and stopped looking for replacements. Unless I am wrong again, there is a replacement OEM battery available for the Mavic Pro 2 .
I am glad I didn’t get the more expensive enterprise version- I don’t need self heating batteries- a self cooling one if anything!

There is no drone named "Mavic 2". It is either Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom, which is the same drone with a different camera/gimbal. When DJI use the term Mavic 2 they mean both the Pro and the Zoom. And they use the same battery.

I went to college, but now I have been Educamated! 😉

I swear I even read it on a forum- maybe it was someone from one of those other websites selling non-OEM batteries…. 🙄

I don't think the M2 would be that much better. It still has the battery problem. I would recommend the mavic 3 classic or mavic mini 2, or some newer drone.
Really like my Mavic Air 1, bought in 2019 with combo kit and 4 batteries. It is still a fantastic Drone and does 90% of what any other Drone would provide for me for up to 1 mile away. This Drone is still in perfect condition with the 4 great batteries.

Really like my Mavic Air 1, bought in 2019 with combo kit and 4 batteries. It is still a fantastic Drone and does 90% of what any other Drone would provide for me for up to 1 mile away. This Drone is still in perfect condition with the 4 great batteries.

I checked the DJI store pretending I was in the US, and it is in stock, price USD 149.- delivered to California.
(But when clicking the link, it will automatically redirect to the country of your IP address).
Amazon has them, don't know if they ship to your location. Have bought several a couple of months ago.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart