DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting new glasses for goggles-focal distance

If it pulling them away to get Clear focus u need to do the following

Add ur distance prescription to ur reading prescription then take 1 diaopter away and that should work.
Prescription s look like this
Distance +2.00 -0.25 x 100
Reading add + 2.00
= Reading prescription of +4.00 -0.25 x 100
So a pair of of the shelves +3.00 should work for above prescription as it will give a slightly longer range of focus.

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Just received the goggles and looks like this old man is in the same boat! Making an appointment tomorrow for glasses. **** this hobby is getting expensive. haha

Reactions: superdave5050
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Just received the goggles and looks like the 4.0 is perfect for me. I thought for sure it would be 5.0, I just did a quick test flight after updateand setup which went fast and with no problems. First impression is the front of my head throbs after a few minutes, but then again i had them on wrong after looking at the setup guid. I had the rear up high on the back, ill try again to see if it gets better.

I just got a clip on 3X magnifier from Harbor Freight, item number 66825 (about $6.00). It is meant to clip on over existing glasses. The clip in the center is easily removed leaving the connecting wire between the lenses. I slightly bent the connecting wire so the lenses would lay flat in the goggles and placed it into the goggles. It is perfect for my eyes. I am working on a way to hold it in place, Maybe a 3D printed holder or Velcro if that doesn't work. If I can come up with a 3D lens holder I may remove the connecting center wire between the lenses. The lenses are large enough and the spacing with the connecting wire put the lenses in the correct position for the entire adjustment range of the IPD adjustment in the goggles. I tried various reading glasses and none had the correct focal distance for my eyes. I'll be going on vacation soon so it may be a while until I get to finishing it, but I thought the information might be useful to some people in the same boat.

We're all correcting for design decision. It's a fact that myopia is an epidemic with younger generations. 90% of Chinese teens and young adults are myopic. -http://www.nature.com/news/the-myopia-boom-1.17120

These are the same people who design the goggles. I personally feel burned buy this product. I'm curious that few feel the same. I'd be interested to know what percentage of dji goggle owners can enjoy crisp vision without stuffing additional lenses between their eyes and the product. Was the focal length designed for the average global consumer or for their myopic peers?

Reactions: superdave5050
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Honzax