DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting out of Depression

Troll or not, when some1 needs help talk to some1 with same condition helps 100% I should kno

Reactions: dirkclod
Back to the OP. @Arushi how are things going? Havent seen you respond here since your OP.
Read all her post and look in profile and you might see . ;)
Troll or not, when some1 needs help talk to some1 with same condition helps 100% I should kno
Welcome to the forum Steevo and this section is Off Topic and is where some post just to be funny or whatever.
But yes Depression is a serious issue no doubt . Folks do need to talk sometimes but I don't think a Drone forum is a good place to do it as some might mess with your head if you get me .:)

I can do this.gif

Reactions: macoman
I don’t think MrsTreat was trolling. I see no evidence of that. Some drugs do have positive effects, but they’re usually offset by negative side effects. I know people who’re on anti-depressants, and they carry side effects that I consider worse than the original condition.

It’s always worth exploring new avenues. I’m fortunate in that I’ve never taken medication beyond ‘flu powders. I’d always try to manage without. The support of those around can help with depression, and it’s often about just being there, rather than doing anything.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Arushi, I'm in constant pain having had lower back surgery which was unsuccessful. I have young children who I've never been able to pick up and have to watch other people do it for me which hurts. No matter how bad you feel today there will always be good days that out weigh the bad ones and there's always someone here or there to talk to (AND) you've got your drone to go and see such lovely new and exciting sights which we'd all like you to post on here buddy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Reactions: Former Member
Hello Everyone,
There are many times when things are not going according to what we want. We feel like everything is vanished and getting out of bed becomes so difficult for us. After facing so many failures we give up. What are your thoughts? How to cope up with failure?

In my long, chaotic career, I found it absolutely necessary to have hobbies to keep me feeling positive when work was crashing. One of my hobbies was videography, which led to drones for the advantage of aerial perspective.

Hello Everyone,
There are many times when things are not going according to what we want. We feel like everything is vanished and getting out of bed becomes so difficult for us. After facing so many failures we give up. What are your thoughts? How to cope up with failure?
Since we are off topic on this forum, I am a big believer in the Bible. You sound like you
don't know what to do. God says, "Listen to me I will give you Wisdom" Proverb 2:1-5
Says: " Every young man who listens to me and obeys my instructions will be given wisdom and good sense. Yes , if you want better insight and discernment, and are searching for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure, then wisdom will be
given you, and knowledge of God himself; you will soon learn the importance of reverence for the Lord and of trusting him." ( Living Bible) This answer is for the person
that asked the question, and not for discussion on this forum . Please let me know if you felt that it was beneficial to you.. .

Reactions: MacPhersonCa1
Reactions: colinfowler
It was both. And you should apologize to everyone on this board for recommending dangerous, non prescription street drugs to cure a deadly disease. You are not a doctor, pharmacist, or medical professional. If you were, you would not be dispensing that kind of advice.

The original post didn’t recommend anything. The poster referred to ecstasy showing some promise. The post ended by recommending that anyone who might be considering going down that avenue should seek medical advice from a primary care physician. It’s a perfectly reasonable post. It’s on topic, and I don’t think it deserves the level of hounding we’re seeing here.

Hi everyone. After reading the poster's message more closely I think his question to us is taken to a whole other level. I believe he is just trying to ask how we deal with it when negative things just keep happening to us and and it starts to get us down. I don't think he is talking about severe medical depression. And drugs are DEFINITELY NOT the solution. And some anti depressants are also not necessarily the solution. I once used an anti depressant for several weeks. When I stopped using it, I came down with the worst depression ever to the point of suicidal thoughts. Ecstasy is the same. It may provide temporary relief, but the after effects are horrible.
That being said, Arushi, I've had failures myself. When that happens, pick yourself up and try to fix or improve it. And if that's not possible try to move on to something else. Fight! Don't let it suck you into the hole. Hold your head up high and keep moving forward. See the positive things in your present and future and you shall get through this. Good luck!

Hello Everyone,

you are not alone,

I have been facing panic attacks for almost ten years, my first one was a nightmare. Public places used to be a nightmare. There were periods where everything was falling apart. Family, friends and girlfriends were trying hard to wake me up from time to time. Depression was close, very close. I became subchondral about my health, visited numerous hospitals, took so many medical examinations. Everything in my body was fine, numbers were excellent, but all these were temporary measures. There is no panacea my friend, when the mind is not ok, the body follows. I found it hard to sleep, hard to wake up, hard to motivate myself, hard to find something meaningful, something happy, what a nightmare, I was falling apart...

After all those years, Ι tried a psychologist and the cognitive approach. No pills, no drugs, just talking. I have lots of good friends, and I talk alot, but talking with a psychologist was something new. I tried new approaches, fought back, fought HARD, I found myself provoking panic attacks by going back to all those places that were hard to get, subway, bars, concerts, beaches etc etc. I was punching the knife! I also found the way to say NO to everything and everyone that made me unhappy. I found the way to ask MYSELF FIRST, before deciding my next step, big or not. I used to live a life full of tension without even knowing it, I tried the other side, I changed, calmed down. I was a perfectionist, had to be cause of my job (senior programmer). I am not a perfectionist anymore and I have no intention to please everyone, like I used to. And then, out of nowhere, a ray of sunlight, mornings where better from day to day, nights where calmer, job was not a priority anymore, I was.

It wasnt easy, it didnt just happen, it took time, it took effort, but I am back. No, its not perfect and it will never be, but it is far better and I am far happier.

I dont know any of you guys but its not that hard to communicate my problem, this community has lots of good folks from all around the globe..

So my friend Arushi, if you are going through hell, keep going, keep pushing, it is totally up to you.

You are not alone...

Nick

Reactions: Arnold
Troll or not, it is all about the typical defense of recreational drugs trying to support legalization.
BUT, at one point in time ALL of these "street drugs" were legal. It is because of what they do to people is why they are now Illegal.

Yes, and now “Drones” are next :(

Failure is part of life, everyone fails or doesnt succeed at what they were trying to do at some point in their lives. Many perceive their action as a failure and some fortunate ones see it as a challenge, dust themselves off, and get back in the game. It's how you deal with it that matters.

If you are really suffering from clinical depression, it is a disease and you need to treat it as such. It's not a joke, and is debilitating to the entire body if not taken seriously. I have lost a few friends, family members and favorite celebrities to depression, and unless the sufferer is able to help his or herself, there is little anyone else can do. Temporary treatment can be as simple as talking to a friend or family member. If it is recurring in your life, you need to treat it just as you would any other disease.

Following are my thoughts about depression and where to seek help.

Friends and family (although they could possibly make you more depressed)
Your medical doctor
Therapist or group therapy
Religious organization

No matter what you choose to do, I wish you the best. There are many places to get permanent help. It's all up to you.

Here is a link to an article that could be a starting point:

Depression | NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness

Second what TD says. It is understood that depression is caused by a real and physical condition There is an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Get help. You can't fix a condition using the same damaged brain that is causing the condition. I am not a doctor and this is my opinion...

Second what TD says. It is understood that depression is caused by a real and physical condition There is an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. Get help. You can't fix a condition using the same damaged brain that is causing the condition. I am not a doctor and this is my opinion...

Thumbswayup

You cannot fix this horrible thing generally reffered to as depression,. yourself!
I know, like many others i have been taken over by it, hit me like a brick after i lost my partner.
Friends can help, one of mine suggested a professional that helped me deal with & get through a day at a time.
Do seek out a professional, & if your like me i went through 2-3 of them before i found one i instantly liked & could open up to.
This may sound silly, but try not to be idle, get busy, if not work, a hobby or anything that gets your mind working.
the worst thing i did was sit watching TV feeling sorry for myself!
Good luck my friend

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa