DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getting Started with Goggles/Racing

SandiSCE

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello. I am a M2P and Tello owner, A fixed wing pilot in my club wants to start flying drones, but with the specific ambition of getting into obstacle courses and racing using goggles. Can anyone recommend good entry level drones for him to learn on? Thanks.

I can’t but if they really want to learn have them join our sister site.
Drone Racing FPV Forum Those guys are great
in there . What I see most of them use are Fat Sharks.

I've been a fixed wing pilot since I was 17. I've flown RC planes since1972, stablized DJI drones going back the the F4C, and FPV using DJI RE goggles on my Mavic 2 Pro. Flying quads FPV is by far the hardest flight experience I have ever had. It' s a blast, but your buddy is in for a VERY humbling experience and LOTS of crashes.

I would absolutely have him start on an FPV simulator like Liftoff, Freerider, or Velocidrone. Don't even buy a quad yet. Just go get a good transmitter (I think the FrSky QX7 is excellent bang-for-buck), download the simulator and hook it all up to his computer. In the meantime, while he's learning to fly, he can wade his way through the dizzying array of drone hardware and electronics to figure out what he ultimately wants to fly.

Reactions: Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard