DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Getty Fire - Los Angeles - October 27, 2019

Dakrisht

Reactions
I woke up to emergency iPhone alerts screaming to evacuate. My place is located just off the Sunset Strip, around 5 miles from Brentwood. But at 3:30am the city of LA had gone into panic mode. Chatter on the scanner confirmed dozens of fire engines were en-route to an out of control blaze that erunear the Getty Center and Brentwood - where some of the most expensive homes in LA currently sit.

It was time to take the Mavic 2 Pro up and capture a city on fire.

Shot at ISO400 and f/2.8 with some minimal noise reduction applied in post. Otherwise, they’re stock RAWs to JPGs.

I’ve found the low light sensitivity when shooting at night on this camera is simply stellar. Coupled with the stabilization, you can really get some incredible detail and light when shooting in a lower ISO. I could have gone down to ISO100 but 400 is still great. Video on the other hand, isn’t good. Even at ISO3200 with significant NR in post, you can’t get a good image.

The fire is now under control, over 1,200 fire fighters, 12 homes burned and a city that lost its mind when Mother Nature (cause by a falling power line, naturally) showed her might.

C4F9B05C-A236-4841-A7F4-5051432062AA.jpeg

I woke up to emergency iPhone alerts screaming to evacuate. My place is located just off the Sunset Strip, around 5 miles from Brentwood. But at 3:30am the city of LA had gone into panic mode. Chatter on the scanner confirmed dozens of fire engines were en-route to an out of control blaze that erunear the Getty Center and Brentwood - where some of the most expensive homes in LA currently sit.

It was time to take the Mavic 2 Pro up and capture a city on fire.

Shot at ISO400 and f/2.8 with some minimal noise reduction applied in post. Otherwise, they’re stock RAWs to JPGs.

I’ve found the low light sensitivity when shooting at night on this camera is simply stellar. Coupled with the stabilization, you can really get some incredible detail and light when shooting in a lower ISO. I could have gone down to ISO100 but 400 is still great. Video on the other hand, isn’t good. Even at ISO3200 with significant NR in post, you can’t get a good image.

The fire is now under control, over 1,200 fire fighters, 12 homes burned and a city that lost its mind when Mother Nature (cause by a falling power line, naturally) showed her might.

View attachment 84674

That is a phenomenal picture and really does justice for the Mavic 2 Pro

Phantomrain.org
Coal .

Wow, fantastic shot! I'm also amazed at how it stayed so still during the time lapse. My old MavicPro sure can't do that.

BTW, I'm glad you stayed far from the action and out of the way of any firefighting aircraft.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM