DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ghost writting on video

I see this kind of thing when I view a video using VLC. It would not show up on Quicktime or when I import it to Final Cut Pro so I think it's a function of the program you are using to view it. That's my guess.

It provides information about the flight and the video, including lat/lon, speed, altitude, and camera parameters. It can be very useful.

As @Lasidora said, you can tell the drone not to write the subtitles to the video file. You can also tell your video player software not to show it even. And you can delete the subtitle files for existing videos.

If you have subtitles on, each video file on the drone will have an .SRT file with the same name containing the subtitle information. You can erase those or move them to a subdirectory when you store the video files if you think you might want to use them in the future.

I had occasion to use the subtitle information a couple of weeks ago. I shot some video of a large farm and forest property and the owners wanted to know where the drone was at certain times during the video. It was easy to determine up the position by switching subtitles on and pausing at the appropriate times.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Just as a matter of interest is this telemetry stored in an SRT file or in the video itself? One or more of my DJI drones store them as a separarte SRT.

If you are playing this in Windoze can you switch off captions/subtitles in the player itself? (Excluding VLC which has been dealt with already.)

Reactions: andrew reeves
Just as a matter of interest is this telemetry stored in an SRT file or in the video itself? One or more of my DJI drones store them as a separarte SRT.

If you are playing this in Windoze can you switch off captions/subtitles in the player itself? (Excluding VLC which has been dealt with already.)
Thanks. Now that you all have talked about the srt file it reminds me of the same files I saw in my A2S. Thanks. P.s. i just deleted them all. Kept the movies though.lol

Reactions: KLRSKIR

See post #5.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starKid