DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

*giggle* Air 2S, yeah, right XD

I have never flown one of those cheap drones. Just how bad are they?

I know there's always been fakes but the market now for fake electronics seems crazy in how many there are pretending to be something they're not, there's fake phones, fake memory sticks, fake hard drives, fake graphics cards, fake UPS's etc.

I was watching a review of a fake Xiaomi Mi11 Ultra and there's been a lot of effort to make it look like one even going as far as to spoof the hardware specs so within Android so it looks like the phone has the much higher specs. It didn't take long to see it was a fake in use with the rear display being a sticker but the phone was quickly sluggish, a lot of software wouldn't run and the camera quality was awful.

All of which makes me wonder how do these fakes work financially? Clearly they must otherwise there wouldn't be such a booming market for them but what do people do when they buy them? Surely even non-tech savvy people are going to realise what they have is a fake and not very good so do they just not bother with a return because it would be too much hassle?

All of which makes me wonder how do these fakes work financially? Clearly they must otherwise there wouldn't be such a booming market for them but what do people do when they buy them? Surely even non-tech savvy people are going to realise what they have is a fake and not very good so do they just not bother with a return because it would be too much hassle?

If the get a very small % of 1% sales to a market such as this, they make a small fortune very quickly, then move on to another product copy.
Yes, if it's cheap product, they might crash such a drone very soon after purchase, and it's just a throw away society now. Very often too much hassle trying to get refunds or send back product, when a consumer most likely feel they won't get the satisfaction wanted for all the trouble.

I know there's always been fakes but the market now for fake electronics seems crazy in how many there are pretending to be something they're not, there's fake phones, fake memory sticks, fake hard drives, fake graphics cards, fake UPS's etc.

What are you posting on the fake MavicPilots forum for ?
The real one is over here DJI Mavic Drone Forum

I have never flown one of those cheap drones. Just how bad are they?
The REALLY cheap ones (Like, Sub $50USD) are pretty awful. Most of them have an opti-flow sensor on the bottom and a barometer, so once you fart around trimming the thing out, you can get a fairly decent altitude hold. But the ones with no baro/opti-flow are pretty much atti-mode-in-hell x1000. Next to impossible to hold a hover...

However basically NONE of the cheap drones have a 3 or even a 2 axis gimbal. At best it has an ESC camera that you can raise and lower (in steps usually, not nice and smooth like a DJI drone) so expect plenty of jello.

I'd say, camera or not, the really cheap drones aren't much good for anything other than practicing atti-style flight, and just zooming around having fun with a flying toy.

Reactions: Bufface
I've been getting YouTube adverts for a blatantly fake drone and the advert is surprising for just how lazy it is, I've attached a photo of the supposed £99 drone. In case you're thinking isn't that the expensive drone they're referring to, no because they keep showing the Mavic 2 which during the morphs between several different drones including a high speed FPV model.

It's frustrating how many of these scam adverts there and even when reported, the companies hosting them do nothing because it's in their interests to get the revenue even though at least in the UK they wouldn't be allowed due to breaching advertising rules.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-235444_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-235444_YouTube.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird