DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal acted weird

eku82

Reactions
Hello, yesterday when i was taking a long 4k video, my gimbal acted strange. Have anyone anyone else experienced similar thing? Or what is the cause of this? This was my 4th fly so far and the gimbal problem scared **** out of me o_O I thought somebody has shot my drone. Later when i analysed video i noticed that it happened right at 9minutue mark. The mavic is brand new, not a second hand machine.

The exact same thing happened to me! I saw the propellers from both sides. And then I lost half my screen too. What is this??

Had exactly the same happen to me a week ago. If I remember correctly the drone was also unresponsive to inputs until I restarted the controller.

Had exactly the same happen to me a week ago. If I remember correctly the drone was also unresponsive to inputs until I restarted the controller.
What do you mean restarted the controller? Turn it off and on? in air??

Hello, yesterday when i was taking a long 4k video, my gimbal acted strange. Have anyone anyone else experienced similar thing? Or what is the cause of this? This was my 4th fly so far and the gimbal problem scared **** out of me o_O I thought somebody has shot my drone. Later when i analysed video i noticed that it happened right at 9minutue mark. The mavic is brand new, not a second hand machine.

That looks like what mine is doing. I bought mine new and it has a total of 6 hrs n 24 min fly time. I'm fixing to do an icu calibration then gimbal calibration.

When your video hits 4gb in a segment, it can cause a gimble reset. As someone mentioned, shorter videos or lower res. It’s a limitation of SD cards and the formatting system

Last edited:
There seems to be more than one reason for the gimbal to act weird.

I get the gimbal reset even when not recording. But never when I have a Nd filter on there!?

Happen to me on Sunday and it had nothing to do with filming because I wasn’t filming. Brought it back and landed and restarted the drone and then all was well.

What do you mean restarted the controller? Turn it off and on? in air??

yes, restart in air. Its no problem, just configure what happens with drone when rc signal is lost so you dont get surprised.

Mine has done this as well I did what Thunderdrones sugested months ago and I don’t believe it has done in since! Actually all I did was switch from 4K to 1080 and all was good,first time was very disheartening I assumed the whole drone was doing a dive!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98