Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Gimbal acted weird

eku82

Reaction score
Hello, yesterday when i was taking a long 4k video, my gimbal acted strange. Have anyone anyone else experienced similar thing? Or what is the cause of this? This was my 4th fly so far and the gimbal problem scared **** out of me o_O I thought somebody has shot my drone. Later when i analysed video i noticed that it happened right at 9minutue mark. The mavic is brand new, not a second hand machine.

Giladwashere

Reaction score
The exact same thing happened to me! I saw the propellers from both sides. And then I lost half my screen too. What is this??

eek

Reaction score
Had exactly the same happen to me a week ago. If I remember correctly the drone was also unresponsive to inputs until I restarted the controller.

Giladwashere

Reaction score
Had exactly the same happen to me a week ago. If I remember correctly the drone was also unresponsive to inputs until I restarted the controller.
What do you mean restarted the controller? Turn it off and on? in air??

Jonfromlocust

Reaction score
Hello, yesterday when i was taking a long 4k video, my gimbal acted strange. Have anyone anyone else experienced similar thing? Or what is the cause of this? This was my 4th fly so far and the gimbal problem scared **** out of me o_O I thought somebody has shot my drone. Later when i analysed video i noticed that it happened right at 9minutue mark. The mavic is brand new, not a second hand machine.

Jonfromlocust

Reaction score
That looks like what mine is doing. I bought mine new and it has a total of 6 hrs n 24 min fly time. I'm fixing to do an icu calibration then gimbal calibration.

Taylor1430

Reaction score
When your video hits 4gb in a segment, it can cause a gimble reset. As someone mentioned, shorter videos or lower res. It’s a limitation of SD cards and the formatting system

Last edited:

Koelkop

Reaction score
There seems to be more than one reason for the gimbal to act weird.

I get the gimbal reset even when not recording. But never when I have a Nd filter on there!?

Vegasdad

Reaction score
Happen to me on Sunday and it had nothing to do with filming because I wasn’t filming. Brought it back and landed and restarted the drone and then all was well.

eek

Reaction score
What do you mean restarted the controller? Turn it off and on? in air??
yes, restart in air. Its no problem, just configure what happens with drone when rc signal is lost so you dont get surprised.

Natehighup

Reaction score
Mine has done this as well I did what Thunderdrones sugested months ago and I don’t believe it has done in since! Actually all I did was switch from 4K to 1080 and all was good,first time was very disheartening I assumed the whole drone was doing a dive!

DJI Drone Service

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
François D.