DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal and turning lag with Mavic 2 Pro

Ogfromda843

Reactions
Hey everyone, today is my 1st day with the Mavic 2 Pro and ImI having some serious lagging issues. I'm using an iPad Mini 2 which I've never had a prob with before .I used it with my Mavic Pro and P3. When I try to turn the gimbal, I get a serious lag as well as when I turn the drone. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

Thank you

iPad mini 2 is probably not able to keep up with all the processing that needs to be done. Others are noting same thing on older phones and tablets. I've not noted this on my iPhone X or iPad mini 4 with the Mav 2 Pro.

<—- Has a mini 4 and saw a lag today for the first time. I’ll do a cold boot tomorrow on the mini and see if it does it again. I don’t like to use the phone but I’ll check my iPhone X with it. Overloaded CPU does sound like it might be the culprit. Thanks

Reactions: Colbymh
My Mini 4 is having some problems keeping up, but I changed the video feed back to normal from HD and it is much better. I don't think the mini can keep up with the 1080 feed.

TG: you were reading my mind. :) I was going to switch to normal mode this morning so you’ve answered my question, thanks.

Yeah, kind of a bummer, it would be nice to share the 1080 files without having to connect to a computer. I tried it with the iPhone X, that handled the HD fine, so I guess it is the aged Mini that is the problem.

(Smiling) now you even saved me the trouble of testing the iPhone X. I figured it would handle the bit rate but my old eyes just don’t like phone size displays. Time for a new iPad perhaps? :)

Same with me. I am reluctant to buy a full size iPad for just this use though. The other problem was that my iMac from 2011 was having trouble playing the 10bit video files coming from the Mavic as well. This could get expensive!

Good tip although like many, that is one option I sorta kinda need but I will test for sure, thanks.

Yeah it's not idea and not even sure if it will make a difference. There's always zebras too, I dunno if they would make a difference to performance. A workflow would be to take off, move to the start of the scene, check the histogram and adjust exposure, have zebras turned on if they don't impact performance and then start recording.

Thanks guys!! Do you think that the SD card could be causing any of this? I have a memory card that can read 4K files and up to 100 mpbs. Could that be an issue with latency on the iPad?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk