DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Clamp - How gentle?

Youser

Reactions
After having a few flights with my new Mavic I have noticed that thing that worries me most is when I'm putting on the gimbal clamp.

Sometimes I try to put it on and the gimbal is not in a position where I can just clamp it straight in. It needs adjusting, either pushed forward or backwards.

I've been quite gentle with moving the gimbal but do I need to be? Is it ok to move it forward and backward?

I don't even put it back on, just the cover. I saved it, in case I ever need to ship it, but other than that I it doesn't really get banged around much anyway. I figure I'm just as likely to apply as much force or more taking the clamp on and off than it does just getting bounced around in transport.

There is a slot at the back of the clamp that the "key" on the back of the camera it slides into.
Look closely at how it works.
Clamp works very easily when these are lined up.

Last edited:
53a59e500be5c1df0fff6b4916045995.jpg

This works great to hold the gimbal in place

It took me a while to get the hang of taking it off and putting it back on. I can easily do it now but i get what you mean, at first it's a hassle!

Reactions: oldschool
Gimbal Cover, Mapletop New Gimbal Camera Cover Gray Hood Cap Protector For DJI Mavic Pro Drone
Gimbal Cover, Mapletop New Gimbal Camera Cover Gray Hood Cap Protector For DJI Mavic Pro Drone
by Mapletop
3.0 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews
Price: CDN$ 5.28
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Mapletop.
1 new from CDN$ 5.28
1. Material:Plastic
2. Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro
3.Protects gimbal and camera from collision
4. Anti dust and water during transportation and in flight
5. Ultra light weight ,Easy to install and remove, Use this to help the camera to improve photo/video quality when flight.

Reactions: Archer1784
Isn't that a standard dome, you can't fly with the one with the gimbal lock also, anti water???

by Mapletop
3.0 out of 5 stars 2 customer reviews
Price: CDN$ 5.28
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Mapletop.
1 new from CDN$ 5.28
1. Material:Plastic
2. Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro
3.Protects gimbal and camera from collision
4. Anti dust and water during transportation and in flight
5. Ultra light weight ,Easy to install and remove, Use this to help the camera to improve photo/video quality when flight.

I take care not to be rough on the gimbal. It's the weakest link on a great aircraft. It also slows me down when I need to pack it up and go.

Reactions: Sterling
There have been tests done by members of this forum that shows no extra heat while the dome is on, but it can affect the quality of images.

Oh didn't know that, but has a real point to fly with the dome on or...?

Looking at the Mavic videos posted on the DJI.com shows some videos with and some without the cover. That implies DJI has no opinion on whether it should or should not be removed during flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom