DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal engine frying

HermanoLoco

Reactions
My Mavic Pro started having these errors and they occurred even without any phone connected to the remote. After that I tried to recalibrate the gimbal and he made a sound like a dentist's drill and the gimbal got so hot I could barely touch it. I turned off the drone immediately and now I'm afraid to turn on and fry the engines of the gimbal. I made a video where you can see the beginning of the errors in the middle of a flight. The mavic also started spiraling while returning with the RTH function. After spiraling twice he "stabilized" and continued landing normally but with the gimbal acting strangely.
I do not know what to do. I'm thinking of dismantling the gimbal ... I've done this before when it came with the broken flat cable.
I live in Brazil and here the DJI does not provide warranty so I even changed the flat cable I do not know if the cable may be influencing this problem ...

I don't have any advice for you, but I was curious about the altitude on that flight. Looks like your Mavic was pretty high up there!

Something very wrong. I'd send it in.

It might be worth calibrating the IMU, which is involved in gimbal stabilization and also the basic stability of the drone, but then again I think you have a point about not turning it on.

I don't have any advice for you, but I was curious about the altitude on that flight. Looks like your Mavic was pretty high up there!
I was 500mt high. I am a civil defense official and I have the privilege of being able to fly in certain places and altitudes that are not always accessible to everyone.

Reactions: SeaComms
Cool.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore