DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal errors after crash (proximity sensor demonstration failed horribly)

Poldi

Reactions
So I brought my new drone to work to show off with my just newly acquired piloting skills and after flying around for some time, earning the much deserved respect like a professional airline pilot 30 years ago, I went on to demonstrate the proximity sensors reliability:

I carefully approached a large solid wall explaining to my friends what they are about to witness, and the drone came to a stop as planned. Proud of the most sophisticated technology I am putting at work here I am showing (and telling) my mates how I am still pushing the stick forward on the remote and the drone will keep position in front of the wall, when in the very same second the drone decides to start flying again and fully accelerates into said wall. See this video for footage (sadly without sound, so you can't hear me bragging or die inside)

After the crash I could still move the gimbal up/down, but the picture was rotated sideways. After a restart the gimbal wouldn't initialize (because it claims it's blocked) at all. Any chance I can fix this without taking the drone apart and replacing cables or should I send it in right away?

Regards

Have you checked to make sure the gimbal is still mounted in the mounts correctly and have you tried doing a gimbal re-calibration, after watching your video I wonder if you had inadvertantly switched of collision advoidance unintentionly or switched in sports mode !

Reactions: Zeke
Can you post pics? ooopssss didnt see the date... OP has vanished...

So I brought my new drone to work to show off with my just newly acquired piloting skills and after flying around for some time, earning the much deserved respect like a professional airline pilot 30 years ago, I went on to demonstrate the proximity sensors reliability:

I carefully approached a large solid wall explaining to my friends what they are about to witness, and the drone came to a stop as planned. Proud of the most sophisticated technology I am putting at work here I am showing (and telling) my mates how I am still pushing the stick forward on the remote and the drone will keep position in front of the wall, when in the very same second the drone decides to start flying again and fully accelerates into said wall. See this video for footage (sadly without sound, so you can't hear me bragging or die inside)

After the crash I could still move the gimbal up/down, but the picture was rotated sideways. After a restart the gimbal wouldn't initialize (because it claims it's blocked) at all. Any chance I can fix this without taking the drone apart and replacing cables or should I send it in right away?

Regards
The crash most likely occurred because there wasn't enough ambient light for the cameras to function. The most likely cause for your gimbal problems is a broken ribbon cable, I had to replace one of mine once. It is delicate work but can be done. Watch a video on Youtube on how to do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom