DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Issue (Squeak)

Mairtinb

Reactions
Hi guys having an issue, video may be a bit long but having a squeak from gimbal on motor start, noise isn’t present on start up and can pan, tilt, all without any issue, once motors start the noise starts and seems to continue for a while on motor **** down but goes away, no error codes in app, all footage 100% no other issues just a bit concerning. Have a zoom gimbal as well and no squeak at all at any stage so not motor issue or anything like that. Any ideas or suggestions hugely appreciated

is it definitely coming from the gimble?

It doesn’t seem to correlate with the camera movement which isn’t surprising- the pitch suggests it is from something moving at a much faster speed.

Sounds a lot like a crook bearing/sleeve in a cooling fan.

is it definitely coming from the gimble?

It doesn’t seem to correlate with the camera movement which isn’t surprising- the pitch suggests it is from something moving at a much faster speed.

Sounds a lot like a crook bearing/sleeve in a cooling fan.
I had the same thoughts but fitted my zoom gimbal and no noise to be heard, so I’m all but 100% it’s the pro gimbal... No issues at all with functionality or anything but don’t want to continue using if it doing further damage to gimbal or camera

Anyone any ideas???
Can you get close enough to localize it - left/right, etc?

Have you changed cameras more than this one time? If so, might it have been damaged somehow? Is it still under warranty (if they can't detect if you swapped cameras? I wonder if the logs show a camera change? One of the expert log readers might be able to answer that question.

Good luck.

Have narrowed it down to the tilt motor, no noise panning or yawing only seems to be tilting up and down, doesn’t make any noise on boot up, and can move camera freely (no noise at all) with motors off, once motors start then noise starts and will continue during tilting, all image and video fine and stable, then on motor shut down noise continues for a while then stops and can move camera freely again with no noise, only seems to be noise when motors running, wondering about vibration being a cause

Reactions: ff22
Lighting tech so pan/tilt, yaw/roll. X, Y, Z Axis. Have just had another investigation, when motors start there does seem to be a very slight vibration in the gimbal assembly, that’s when noise starts, had 1 run after seeming to pull gimbal down a touch that I didn’t get any noise, really has me scratching my head...

Sorry to be bumping this thread but still no improvements, plenty of flight time as weather been good, and no issues but squeak still persisting, did blow all joints and most of gimbal out with an air duster, no improvement. Still worrying a bit...

Sorry to be bumping this Thread again but fear I am in serious trouble, link to YouTube of a screen capture, had this issue about a month back then 5/6 flights with no issues now had on last 2 flights
any suggestions or anyone else had this problem??

Great spot to fly....

Motor overload would tend to suggest bad motor or mechanical issue with gimbal movement.

Why are the still fiddling around? The warranty will be expired if your. not careful. You have exhausted your efforts to fix it within your resources so the obvious thing to do is send it out for repair.

Providing the problem isn’t crash related and your efforts to diagnose/rectify might not be implicated in contributing to the problem it should be a warranty issue.

Was hoping to stay clear of sending drone away at all, do use a lot and I’m convinced I’ll miss something special when away, of course if gimbal giving me issues I may miss it anyways.

Reactions: WithTheBirds
I have the exact same issue was your drone bought during the first release batch?
Here is the forum i created and found some on DJI forum regarding this issue

It is coming from the gimbal motor if you actually touch it lightly you will feel that it is vibrating which is the cause of that squeaking noise. But it is weird that it only happen during motor startup or shutdown on mine maybe it have something to do with voltage to the gimbal motor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21