DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issue

Reactions
When i am flying my mavic air in sport mode, when i am trying to move the aircraft sideways, the horizon shifts to around 45 degrees. Is that normal or if not, how to fix the issue?

When i am flying my mavic air in sport mode, when i am trying to move the aircraft sideways, the horizon shifts to around 45 degrees. Is that normal or if not, how to fix the issue?
when on full throttle - yes, it's normal. on sport mode the aircraft is tilted sideways much more than on normal movement so on certain level the gimbal range just isn't enough.

only thing you can check just to be sure is whether the gimbal is in Follow or FPV mode (you can check it out in Gimbal settings in DJI app). GImbal in Follow mode does as much as possible to keep the image steady and leveled. FPV mode is the exact opposite - gimbal is kinda locked and copies the aircraft movement including roll movement. It's meant for DJI goggles to offer more realistic FPV experience when flying in sport mode.

when on full throttle - yes, it's normal. on sport mode the aircraft is tilted sideways much more than on normal movement so on certain level the gimbal range just isn't enough.

only thing you can check just to be sure is whether the gimbal is in Follow or FPV mode (you can check it out in Gimbal settings in DJI app). GImbal in Follow mode does as much as possible to keep the image steady and leveled. FPV mode is the exact opposite - gimbal is kinda locked and copies the aircraft movement including roll movement. It's meant for DJI goggles to offer more realistic FPV experience when flying in sport mode.
Gimbal is in follow mode only. Even if i move the drone sideways slightly, the horizon is totally tilting off. and it's happening even when wind is not present. can i correct it somehow?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada