DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal issues after crash

terciofo

Reactions
Hello, first time posting here!
Sorry for the bad english
Have a M2Z, crashed and had to change the left anterior arm, backward sensor, ok so far, but the gimbal at first was saying "gimbal motor overload" message and with Gimbal Status = N/A. Thought it were problems with the flat cables, replaced the two cables, flat cable and ribbon cable, still Gimbal Status n/a, stopped the message gimbal motor overload and now is like the gimbal is not connected. When I turn the drone on, it doesn't even move and there is no Gimbal icon on the DJI GO 4 in my phone. The video transmition/capture is functioning perfectly, same for the zoom.
Any ideas? Could be some exchageable piece? or should I buy a new gimbal/camera kit?
I wonder if it could be the board over the gimbal or is that only for video processing?

Tks anyway, hope to solve this the best way since pieces here in Brazil are unfortunately very expensive

one or more (there's one for each axis) gimbal motors probably took some damage during the crash so gimbal assembly replacement might be the only way to fix it. It would be best to find somebody with functional M2P or M2Z (both cameras are easily interchangeable) and try his gimbal before buying yours.

Reactions: Rogat19
Power off, does your gimbal move freely through its entire range by hand?

At first, when powered off the câmera keeps turned to the back and I couldnt turn it to look foward.
When I disassembeled I found no evidence of some kind of stuck in the arms.

one or more (there's one for each axis) gimbal motors probably took some damage during the crash so gimbal assembly replacement might be the only way to fix it. It would be best to find somebody with functional M2P or M2Z (both cameras are easily interchangeable) and try his gimbal before buying yours.

Unfortunetely dont know anyone who could help me ?

At first, when powered off the câmera keeps turned to the back and I couldnt turn it to look foward.
When I disassembeled I found no evidence of some kind of stuck in the arms.
With power off, the gimbal should move freely with light finger pressure throughout its normal movement range. If it's "hung up", that means there is something broken mechanically inside. I've never taken one apart, so cannot advise further, there are videos on YouTube showing how it's done - if you are mechanically adept, I'd have at it . . . nothing to lose.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpknight