DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Gimbal Issues/Failure Best Path to Repair?

CyberdyneSystems

Reactions

See vid for issues I’m having with camera gimbal on my Mavic Pro. I've confirmed it’s located correctly in mounting tabs and nothing is obstructing it’s movement. I've never crashed in 19-ish or so hours of flying and always hand launch/catch so it’s seen very minimal dust. Last flight it was smooth for about 5min and then went crazy with high vibration & gimbal overload warnings. Gimbal was pretty hot to the touch when done flying. I'm pretty confident there is an issue with it. Also, it’s out of warranty since I received it in early Dec last year and I have the Care Refresh package.

So here is the issue I leave for Hawaii in just under a month and was hoping to take the drone. So what are my best options for a timely repair. Send it in? What’s the typical turnaround time? I’m pretty confident in fixing things so may be just order parts from ThunderDrone? Other options

Thanks
David

See vid for issues I’m having with camera gimbal on my Mavic Pro. I've confirmed it’s located correctly in mounting tabs and nothing is obstructing it’s movement. I've never crashed in 19-ish or so hours of flying and always hand launch/catch so it’s seen very minimal dust. Last flight it was smooth for about 5min and then went crazy with high vibration & gimbal overload warnings. Gimbal was pretty hot to the touch when done flying. I'm pretty confident there is an issue with it. Also, it’s out of warranty since I received it in early Dec last year and I have the Care Refresh package.

So here is the issue I leave for Hawaii in just under a month and was hoping to take the drone. So what are my best options for a timely repair. Send it in? What’s the typical turnaround time? I’m pretty confident in fixing things so may be just order parts from ThunderDrone? Other options

Thanks
David
I know Thunderdrones is fast, I have not needed to reasearch other options. Sorry to hear about your gimbal, good luck and enjoy Hawaii.

Also the gimbal calibration runs smoothly with out any issues and I have recalibrated the IMU several times as well. Drone flys perfectly it’s just the axial rotation on camera goes wacky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ